Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which Map Zones should be available for my TT One XL Live IQ
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which Map Zones should be available for my TT One XL Live IQ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saultee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Which Map Zones should be available for my TT One XL Live IQ Reply with quote

I have a TT One XL Live IQ W&CE with a map update subscription.
I downloaded a map update last week and TT Home told me I needed to download different zones due to the size of the memory in my device (2GB). I downloaded the Western Zone as recommended by TT and then the Northern Zone. The following night I decided to download the remaining 2 zones (that I'm sure were available the night before) and only got offered Western Europe!
Maybe I read things wrong but I'm sure there was also a Southern and Eastern zone available to me at first!
Can anyone clarify this for me please?
I have asked TTCS about this and another issue but they seem to be ignoring the map update issue although they did sort out the other issue!
Thanks.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were four seperate "zones" available the other day and the TT web site still shows four seperate zones Here but perhaps they are starting to realise this isn't viable and a device that was purchased as being capable of pan European Navigation should still be capable of the same functionality post update. AFAIK the four zones still exist, perhaps their servers got cooked by users now downloading the best part of 7GB of data for what used to be under 2GB

The need to carry a laptop and put up with an hour long transfer of a map Zone isn't viable, stupid idea IMHO - Mike
Saultee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help Mike. I have removed all the map downloads from my PC and I now get offered Western Europe, Western Zone, Northern Zone and SOuthern Zone but I'm not getting the Eastern Zone! I think TT have screwed up my account (again) and are thinking I only have a Western European subscription. I feel another call to TTCS tomorrow!

I agree about the hassle of all the map changes etc, I think they should have kept the SD card slot and these devices (among other things).

Thanks. Matt.
jadonx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: zone updates Reply with quote

I have the 750 live with the Europe 2gb on a separate 4gb card. I have had no problems updating this. Now that I am been offered a "detailed zone map" I am wondering should I stay with my map or would the western zone have any more detail.
I have noticed that on the 2 updates(latest 850.2802) I have had since buying that they still have not included some "newish" roads and roundabouts in my area.
BTW my laptop hard drive is filling up fast with these updates. What can I safely delete to make room. You would think tomtom home would remove old files automatically.

John D. Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: