Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - W&CE v 850 map released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

W&CE v 850 map released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alan_sh wrote:
I have an 8gb card with a copy of the internal files on. TTH sees that as another "Internal" and happily lets me use it. But it still only offers me the regions and not the full maps. Anyone know why?

Alan

Is it still plugged into the device, or into an external SD card reader. That is where I fell over on this.
Froggy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alan_sh wrote:
I have an 8gb card with a copy of the internal files on. TTH sees that as another "Internal" and happily lets me use it. But it still only offers me the regions and not the full maps. Anyone know why?

Alan

Are you using a card reader? If not, home is too thick to realise that you have the extra memory when you select the memory card if it is in the Go Shocked Rolling Eyes

The only way I can update my 720 is to use a SDHC card reader.
Froggy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only Tomtom could do it!

I have just noticed that the revised road layout at Shawfield Stadium in Glasgow is totally wrong in the new Western Europe map!!! The revised layout appeared in 8.45 (before the road was even open), 8.50 has now reverted to the old road about a month after the opening of the direct link between Shawfield Stadium and Kilbride Street Twisted Evil So we had two months of driving through fields and we will now be given incorrect directions with the new map. Unbelievable. (Shown correclty on Google maps btw.)

If you use Tomtom's own route planner, the new road layout is shown correctly!!!

Last edited by Froggy on Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
alan_sh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - got it all to work. I copied the contents of the internal storage to my SDHC card., then disconnected the 730 and stopped HOME. Plugged the SDHC card into the PC (it has a built in card reader) and Home started up.

Under "Manage Maps" I then had an additional map - Western & Central Europe - which I downloaded and installed. Put that back into the 730 and selected the correct map. Seemed to work OK.

Alan
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Froggy wrote:
Only Tomtom could do it!

I have just noticed that the revised road layout at Shawfield Stadium in Glasgow is totally wrong in the new Western Europe map!!! The revised layout appeared in 8.45 (before the road was even open), 8.50 has now reverted to the old road about a month after the opening of the direct link between Shawfield Stadium and Kilbride Street Twisted Evil So we had two months of driving through fields and we will now be given incorrect directions with the new map. Unbelievable. (Shown correclty on Google maps btw.)

OOooh! I wonder if this means that they spotted last time that they needed to split the map up, and have been working on it since then. And since they needed time, they have done it with the map from that point, and not the more up to date map. I'd expect them to go to the "new" map again next time. Please keep us informed.
alan_sh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me started on the inaccuracies of the current map. There are two roundabouts in Rochdale which have been converted to traffic lights about 4-5 years ago. They are STILL shown as roundabouts.

Also, leaving Rochdale on the A627M and heading down towards Manchester, we are still told to "Turn Right - Towards Leeds". The "Turn right" bit is OK, but if you start to go towards Leeds, you are going the wrong way.

And that's just in my local area.....
Stampy72
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind you - they've FINALLY removed a roundabout in Peterborough Town Centre.....

It went over 5 years ago!!!
GPS v1.20, Boot 5.5138
Map : "Europe_North" v 900.4602
pah007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: This item does not work on your device. Reply with quote

Just tried to use the latest map guarantee on my 2 week old 750 Live. It initially says a new map is available for your device. But when i click on 'Get It Now' it lists Europe 2GB (Western and Central Europe, Turkey & Russia), but says 'This item cannot be installed on your device' Clicking on the More info link within this gives the version number and size v 850.2800 and 2264MB, and also states 'This item does not work on your device. Therefore it cannot be installed. If i click on install, it states that 3 quarterly map updates have been issued since the version on my 750 Live and offers to sell me the latest map and also the map update service. Strange it was so out of date for a new unit just purchased from Amazon who must have a high turnover so you would be expected to be more up to date.
Followed suggestions here, tried to install to both the internal memory, also copied internal memory to a 4GB card and using this either in the unit or a card reader always yields the same results.

Any suggestions?

Background info TomTom Home v 2.7.5.2014
TomTom App v 9.026 which i updated from earlier v 9 via Home
Map 835.2448
Froggy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: This item does not work on your device. Reply with quote

pah007 wrote:
Just tried to use the latest map guarantee on my 2 week old 750 Live. It initially says a new map is available for your device. But when i click on 'Get It Now' it lists Europe 2GB (Western and Central Europe, Turkey & Russia), but says 'This item cannot be installed on your device'

Any suggestions?

Are you using the 'Latest Map Guarantee' in the Tools menu of Home?

If you simply try to 'Update my Go', it will try to charge you for the maps. Confused
pah007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: New map cannot be installed Reply with quote

Yes i am using the Latest Map Guarantee from the Tools menu
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: This item does not work on your device. Reply with quote

pah007 wrote:
. . . it states that 3 quarterly map updates have been issued since the version on my 750 Live and offers to sell me the latest map and also the map update service.

TomTom has a disclaimer in the Latest Map Guarantee wording that allows them to refuse the guarantee if the map on your new device is a year old or more. I've never seen any mention of them enforcing it, but perhaps they've now done so. A call to Tom Tom is going to be necessary.

EDIT: This is the pertinent verbiage: "TomTom makes its commercial best efforts to ensure that all navigation devices are preloaded with the latest maps available at the time of production. The Latest Map Guarantee is valid for 30 days from the first usage of your navigation device; however, if TomTom deems that the preloaded map is more than 9 months old, TomTom reserves the right to refuse a free map update."
Wendolene
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have finally managed to get my favourites working again after updating my maps to v850.

It was my mistake. I discovered that you MUST 'Operate My Go' in TTH after updating the maps BEFORE you put the mSD card back into the devce proper. It is no good using TTH to 'Operate My Go' AFTER you have used the mSD card in your device proper - that is what was confusing things. Initially causing a reboot loop, then when I sorted that, failure to copy my existing favourites over.

To 'work around' my problem, I formatted the mSD card and restored a backup of my previous working installation containing my old (v845) maps. I connected my card to my reader and used TTH to update the maps. Remembering to "Operate My Go' from within TTH before I put the card back into the device.

Thanks for the advice. Got myself in a right 'tizzy'. When that happens you get blinkered and cannot see what is blindingly obvious! Thanks for patience.

TomTom Go Live 750

App: v9.510.1234792.103
Map: Europe v1005.8763
All installed on a 4GB Class 6 microSD Card.
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pah007, did you ever get a resolution to your latest map update issue?
MARViN2003
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: This item does not work on your device. Reply with quote

pah007 wrote:
Just tried to use the latest map guarantee on my 2 week old 750 Live. It initially says a new map is available for your device. But when i click on 'Get It Now' it lists Europe 2GB (Western and Central Europe, Turkey & Russia), but says 'This item cannot be installed on your device' Clicking on the More info link within this gives the version number and size v 850.2800 and 2264MB, and also states 'This item does not work on your device. Therefore it cannot be installed. If i click on install, it states that 3 quarterly map updates have been issued since the version on my 750 Live and offers to sell me the latest map and also the map update service.

Are you using an e-mail account that had been used for a previous tomtom?
If so it may be getting confused by that.

Best to use a different e-mail account and logoff the old one then try LMG again.
redvers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that there is an issue with LMG not allowing you to choose zones when offering an update for a map that previously did not have zonal support.

My Live IQ EU refused to let me download the latest map due to space issues when using LMG. TT support yesterday allocated the map to my account so that it appears in the normal updates section. Attempting to download it here results in the offer of changing zone to suit restricted space requirements! Smile

As such I think if you're trying to get the latest map using LMG and it won't let you, hassle TT support to allocate it to your account so that you can download it using the standard "update my device" option!

Cheers,

Kev

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: