Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Switching Maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Switching Maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobMob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject: Switching Maps Reply with quote

I have two maps in seperate folders on my ipaq 3970. The one I use all the time i.e. GB and the one for Iberia. I have just tried switching maps and TT3 tells me I have no other maps. I installed them both on upgrade to TT3.

Is there something more I should doing or should TT3 pick up the fact that the other map is in the Iberia folder?

Please help - I have searched past forum posts but can't seem to find anythig related.

Many thanks

RobMob
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the folder name should end with "..Navigator Map" . Also check the registry and see if it has listed them both.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Steve999
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

There are a number of possible reasons why this may happen. Here are 3 that I can think of at the 'mo:

1. I notice that you seem to indicate that the Iberia map is not detected since you "upgraded to TT3". Is your Iberia map a TT2 European map? If so, then it will not be detected by your now upgraded TT3 main software and you will need to buy TT3 European maps or go back to TT2.

2. Have you placed your TT3 Spain and Portugal navigator map folder/s within a separate folder entitled 'Iberia' for the sake of tidiness? If so (and I may be wrong about this as I haven't tried it!), then TT3 may fail to find your maps.

3. If you have a TT3 European map pirate cracked under v3 and you have updated to v3.03, then, according to what I have read, TT3 will not detect your map.

Steve
Nissan Connect
RobMob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve

Many thanks.

I purchased the iberia map in sept 2003. When I upgraded to TT3 it appreently downloaded a compatible version at the same time. Ideed my TT record on their website shows the iberia map listed at the same time as the TT3 upgrage purchase. I haven't therefore done anything additional to the map or directory and had assumed that by clicking switch map it should automatically find it having been downloaded and upgraded at the same time as TT3.

Regards

RobMob
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maps cannot be downloaded. Unless you have received a CD set from TomTom with the v3 maps you will still be storing a v2 Iberia map.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
RobMob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the extract from MyTomTom.

Does this mean the map would have been on the disc they sent me for the TT3 upgrade. I am sure I downloaded the original map from the TT website and had assumed when it asked me to upgrade from the disc it also went to the website for a map upgrade - it was a little while ago so I could easily be getting a little confused.

Qty. Ship Art.Nr Product Description Price Discount Total
1 1 1C90.061 TTN3 S/W upgrade - Great Britain 169.00 169.00 0.00
1 1 50116.235U Maps of TomTom Navigator 3 - S-W Coast of Iberia (Pocket PC) 39.99 39.99 0.00

RobMob
Steve999
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you bought the Iberia map in Sept 2002 on a CD, then it will be a v2 map and will not work with your TT3.

The v3 maps I have of of Spain & Portugal are together about 127mb - check the size of yours. If they are v3, they will be the same size.

Steve
Nissan Connect
Steve999
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[If you bought the Iberia map in Sept 2002 on a CD]

Sorry - meant 2003

Steve[/quote]
Nissan Connect
hornist
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean that the Iberia map was one of the downloadables sort that covers popular holiday areas? If so, then my experience with Dutch Coast may be helpful...

When I upgraded to TT3 I listed my downloadable Dutch Coast map on the order form. It showed up on the TT3 upgrade order like yours has above. However the CD they sent was just the TT3 UK upgrade, and I heard nothing more about the Dutch Coast upgrade. When I sent a message to support they replied with a download link for a TT3 version and a new license code, and everything went smoothly from there.

So if your Iberia map is one of these downloadable ones, it's likely that you haven't upgraded it to TT3 yet. Send a message to support including your upgrade order reference and hopefully all will follow from there.

Paul

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: