Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help needed with my One XL Live IQ W&CE 845 (Restarts).
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help needed with my One XL Live IQ W&CE 845 (Restarts).
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you reenter your username and password on your device again after the reset to factory settings?

The operating system on your PC should have no bearing on LIVE services at all - LIVE is controlled on your device, not via HOME, although you should log in to HOME using the same username and password as you do on your device.

If HOME is logged in and your device has the username and password on it and you are getting offered a subscription to the map update service then TT have messed up your account and it isn't correctly tied to your device. Only TT can sort that one out.

What I would suggest is that you start again with an email address you have never used before with a TT device and ask them to transfer your map subscription and LIVE services to that and start all over again. Once account details get messed up or you reuse an account that has had subscriptions/devices assigned to it then it always seems to be a lot of bother to sort.
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saultee mate, I haven't had any problems with either Vista or Win 7 with the live services on my device. I do think it's down to your device and the TT server not synchronized. I hope you get it sorted.
Saultee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after more than a week of pestering TT customer support I am still without Live Traffic! All other live services work apart from safety cameras (which really doesn't bother me as it's about 4 years behind!)

I have done numerous factory resets as instructed by TT but all that happens is that I lose a few weeks off my Live subscription each time I do it!

If I am to set up a new account, should I just do it and tell TT to transfer my subscriptions over and if so should I set it up using the device before using home? Or, should I tell TT before I do it? I have already suggested this to them but they aint listening! Evil or Very Mad

Any help/instructions on best way to set up a new account is very welcome! Very Happy
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set the new account up through HOME and then associate the device with it.

The enter your new details on your device.

Then log a support ticket and request they transfer all subscriptions over.

Then sit back and wait for a day or so and see if it works!

Worth a try after this long of traffic not working.

Where in the UK are you out of interest? - just read your profile - you are too far away from me to offer any hands on help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: