Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help needed with my One XL Live IQ W&CE 845 (Restarts).
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help needed with my One XL Live IQ W&CE 845 (Restarts).
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saultee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Help needed with my One XL Live IQ W&CE 845 (Restarts). Reply with quote

My TT One XL Live IQ with Western & Central European 845 maps has developed an annoying restarting problem.
I believe it started this after I install Navcore 9.053. I have had freezing and restarting issues before which were resolved by deleting the ephem folder from the device.
When I turn on my device it normally finds it's position after a few seconds and off it goes. Sometimes though it shows a full signal but has me in the wrong location. This may be a few meters away, sometimes on a street nearby and once it was a town about 15 miles away. It stays in this incorrect location for about 15 seconds, realises there is a problem and restarts itself. Once restarted it always finds the correct location. It will work fine then until turned off. It probably does this about 1 in every 5 times I turn it on.
I have contacted TT customer support and was told to delete the ephem folder and the application then reinstall.
I have also tried factory resets, soft resets and clearflash etc but it still does it.
The other things strange with it are that it no longer has the TomTom icon in my computer and it's label is INTERNAL and that my fuel prices are no longer installed on the device and if I try to install them in home I get an error.

I hope somebody can help me with this as I am getting desperate! It has already been back to TT once and I don't want to have to send it back again!

Thanks. Matt.
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel i could have posted that myself. I am having the same problems exept i am always showing the right location but the rest of it is exact same. I tried installing an old windows back up from 2 months ago and all is ok until i do an update and then this problem comes back. I think it could be the app update as i have tried all the basics and some more to fix this. Going to email tomtom on monday about this ( this will be good Laughing Rolling Eyes )
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The missing icon is a minor problem - don't worry about it. Your autorun.inf file is missing, that is all.

Take a full Windows explorer backup now.

Start HOME and go to Manage my XL - delete all the content on your computer that HOME has previously downloaded.

Now restart the XL and set to factory defaults from the menu. Now turn off - do not select any languages etc.

Now connect the XL to the computer and format (full, not quick) the internal memory.

Now connect to HOME and download applications, maps, voices etc.

Once it is fully up to date we can look at restoring any missing files from your backup - raster folder, autorun.inf, postcode files (zip folder).
Saultee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy, I have done as you said. I have also re-installed the postcode files but I don't have a folder in this backup called raster from the most recent backups but I do have one from earlier backups from before the last application update. I also don't seem to be able to get my live services anymore, it tells me I need a subscription but when I check when it is valid until it says 17/12/2011 (which is when they should expire). Also, when I try to add fuel prices it tells me that an error occurred TomTom home has prices for a petrol station that is not on your map.
Thanks. Matt.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copy your raster folder back from the previous backup.

LIVE services seem a bit flakey at the moment - mine were working earlier but aren't now.

If you are getting the error about having fuel prices for a station that isn't on your map then connect your device to HOME and go to Manage my XL and then remove all fuel station prices and POIs from both your device and your computer. Eject the device, reconnect to HOME and update again. It is usually caused by the fact that you have a copy of the Fuel Station POIs on your PC so HOME doesn't offer it for download again.
Saultee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Andy, all is reinstalled and hopefully working properly.
Next time I have a problem maybe I should just ask you! Wink You have sorted more of my issues than TT have.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LIVE services appear to be back now as well.

Glad all is working.

Take a backup now as you know it is a working config so can always do a full format and reload this backup if you hit any more probs.
Saultee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't seem to have live services but they will probably be back on tomorrow.

Will do a back-up tomorrow and pray I never need it.

Thanks again.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.... and my LIVE services are down again today.

I don't know what is going off with TT but LIVE has been up and down like a yo-yo all weekend.
Saultee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no live services and the restarting problem is still there! Sad

I might re-format and re-install the back-up I made a while back before I started getting all the problems!

My last TT worked faultlessly for 3 years, I wish I had never upgraded now!
chancer514
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has done the same reboot issue since the update. TT have had it back 3 times and exchanged but unable to log into live since Saturday and still reboots. The unit has just gone back again.
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My TT XL Live IQ used to crash and reboot once a day but since the latest navcore 9.053 it's been rock solid. I think it's down to the shortage of memory, if there was very little Traffic it was ok, on a Friday afternoon it used to crash.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been without LIVE services all day. One thing I have noticed is that when there are LIVE issues the device does have a tendency to reboot.

Just done a reset to factory settings, entered my account details and bingo - instant LIVE services.

Go figure - nothing has changed on the device since Friday and I have had 3 days of on and off (mostly off) LIVE services.
Saultee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I formatted again and installed from the previous backup which was from the device before it went to TT and I can't use that map on that device as they sent me a new device!
Back to the new navcore etc for now!
Saultee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have reinstalled everything again and it appears to be ok apart from live services and my map update service.
TT are trying to sort out the Live Services etc but it appears that my account is not fully linked to my device anymore! TT support told me to do a factory reset on the device and my Live Services which did expire on the 17/12/2011 then expired on the 24/10/2011! Crying or Very sad
I then logged on to TT Home tonight and it is now trying to sell me a map update service for £8.95 per quarter! Crying or Very sad I did have 6 updates owing (of which I've had none!)
I did reinstall the maps etc on a different computer as my PC that I normally use would not format the TT memory. I logged in with the same account though.
Does anyone think that this could cause a problem?
Also, is anyone aware that Vista Home Premium has compatability issues with the TT Live?
TT customer support did nearly admit today that the XL Live IQ device is generally trouble free but that they have been having "issues" with the software recently!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: