Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CamerAlert Enhancement Requests
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CamerAlert Enhancement Requests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For reporting/editing/moving cameras, I find that the tiny location crosshairs are very small (and first few times I did it, I didn't even notice it - just accepted that wherever I pressed the button the camera would be located). What chance of making it the same as the pointer on the forum submission page?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
mikeprytherch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Warnings in Stand-by Reply with quote

mikeprytherch wrote:
MaFt wrote:

i've found it only gives warnings for those cameras already in it's 'nearby cameras database' - it doesn't get the 'new' cameras as you move around...

MaFt

Seems to make sense, I guess I put it down to going into stand-by because I did get "some" warnings.... be great if you could look into this for a future release.... maybe multi-tasking 4G Very Happy

I've found a solution to the issue, as my iPhone is Jailbroken, I've installed the Backgrounder application from Cydia (its free), now I get the warnings even when in stand-by. One point to note though, both TomTom and Navigon continue to run and give directions when in stand-by (without using the backgrounder app) so it must be possible for you to code ComerAlert to do this also.
martmitch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHC wrote:
I use the iPhone to stream music to my car radio using bluetooth but as Apple don't allow full use of the A2DP profile I can't use the radio controls to change tracks. I find the controls on CamerAlert useful but too small and too close to the other buttons at the bottom of the screen.
Can the audio controls be bigger or moved up screen a few millimetres?

Ill second this, finding it very hard to operate the ipod controls whilst driving, needs to be massive so i dont crash trying to skip to next track!

Ive also found the apps prevent standby option seems to be disabled when playing music also?
Strawbs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Overlay onto Google Maps? Reply with quote

It would be great if this app could somehow be overlayed onto the standard google maps for iPhone...

Google maps allows navigation, and overlaying this camera database onto it would mean everyone could have both at a cost of pennies - rather than pay 10's of ££'s for other third party navigation software. I'm not sure if it would require a license from google, but it should be technically possible and would mean there would be no need to draw your own maps.

other than that, it's a great app.
mtc.
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have looked through this forum but unless I am overlooking the obvious I can't see any reference to an iOS4 specific version. Can we expect a version supporting multitasking shortly ?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyD wrote:
I have looked through this forum but unless I am overlooking the obvious I can't see any reference to an iOS4 specific version. Can we expect a version supporting multitasking shortly ?

not sure about 'shortly' but i'm sure there will be a version.

MaFt
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as soon as the damn white iPhone 4 is shipping!!!

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:

i heard they cancelled the white ones and are, instead, shipping girly pink ones. enjoy it :D
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
lbendlin wrote:

i heard they cancelled the white ones and are, instead, shipping girly pink ones. enjoy it :D

oooh! Suit you sir! Suit you!

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
gpslog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: cache maps Reply with quote

It would be useful if the maps could be cached (maybe specify max amount of memory to use in settings) - you could therefore use wi-fi to preload a route which would avoid having areas of grey screen when reception gets poor.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: cache maps Reply with quote

gpslog wrote:
It would be useful if the maps could be cached (maybe specify max amount of memory to use in settings) - you could therefore use wi-fi to preload a route which would avoid having areas of grey screen when reception gets poor.

'MapKit' (the part of the Apple SDK that we use for maps) DOES cache some map tiles. but it is limited and we have no control over the amount of tiles cached etc...

MaFt
Foggyone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
TonyD wrote:

not sure about 'shortly' but i'm sure there will be a version.

MaFt

I second, third and fourth the request for multitasking - having TT running in the background doesn't work for me as I look at the map rather than listen to the annoying voice!
RavingDave
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: camera icons Reply with quote

Could we have an option to use small simple standard icons, instead of the pictures of the camera type or policeman hunched over a camera/ I don't find the current picture icons particulalry clear when just catching a quick glance, especially the greyed out policeman. Also to me on the iPhone4 display they just look too big when the map is zoomed out?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote for better icons such as GerryCs set.

Also an option to have a bit of a pause before the audio for those using Bluetooth units. All I've ever heard so far is bits of audio such as "obile" or just the speed.

Maybe a couple of better alerts. Some of them seem to be from Windows?
bridgepa
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Enhancements Reply with quote

Hi

Since there is odd behaviour with the IPOD control of volume, in addition to the fade and pause can you add none so the sound is maintained at the standard volume and not manipulated by the app.

Google maps has a traffic overlay which would be excellent if the overlay can be added to the map data.

Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 6 of 18

Jump to: