Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 8450 LIVE Traffic
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

8450 LIVE Traffic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navigon 70 Plus & Navigon 70 Premium - the new models ARE on their way! Cheers!
conjopley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
Navigon 70 Plus & Navigon 70 Premium - the new models ARE on their way! Cheers!

Hello David..... any idea were these new models slot in with the current range /

Cheers Con.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Con,
I'm assuming that these will form part of an updated range, replacing the current models (but it is only an assumption!). The Navigon press releases on the International site (the UK site doesn't seem to show press releases) indicate that the '20', '40', '70' indicate screen size and 'Easy', 'Plus', 'Premium' the level of user facilities provided.

So the 70 seems like the largest (5") screen with Plus/Premium providing a top-end unit similar to the 8410. At the moment, as someone has pointed out, 'Live Services' as currently provided on the 6350/8450 are not mentioned (eg Traffic is 'TMC' or 'TMC Premium', instead of 'Live Traffic') - I hope that's a temporary omission!!

Time will tell (soon?) ...

David
conjopley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may tell from previous posts that I'm in the market for an up to date unit to replace my old unsupported car unit and having seen the 8450 at what I considered a reasonable figure I was ready to commit.

I'm also conscious that like all electronic gadgets there's a new model on the horizon as soon as they launch the current one's and bearing in mind the 8450 will be coming of age shortly it will either reduce in price or be replaced by a model that may well incorporate the traffic module.

Cheers Con
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Con, the 8450 was reduced in price by £/€ 100 on 3 May to £399.99/€399.00 (didn't know the £ was doing that badly against the €!), JUST before the 'new range' press releases started to appear ( Rolling Eyes Cool ).

I too am looking for a model with an integrated Live Services 'chip' - it's the reason I've held off buying the 8450. It must surely be planned but I can't see where it fits in to the range at the mo. Could be a new 'Premium+Plus' model or, I suppose more likely, the Premium 70 will already have the chip installed and the Live Services will then be offered as a costed software add-on.

Anyway, I am continuing to check my bank balance (and thinking up my er, 'reasons', for wifely consumption).
conjopley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello David.
There's no problem from My Dear Lady's quarters, anything that negates her involvement in navigating around Paris and outlying area's is OK by her Laughing

For me having been spoilt by the in-car screen size anything less than five inches then I would need two, one for each eye.

Cheers Con
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Con,

If the network costs weren't so high, you could perhaps have waited for the iPad + Navigon's, or some other iPhone navigation application supplier's, 'iPhone' navigation application. That would be at least as big as your in-car screen!

(I'm pretty sure Navigon have said on Facebook that their iPhone application is going to be compatible with the iPad. Secure, safe mounting for a big screen is of course another issue.)
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conjopley wrote:
Hello David.
There's no problem from My Dear Lady's quarters, anything that negates her involvement in navigating around Paris and outlying area's is OK by her Laughing

For me having been spoilt by the in-car screen size anything less than five inches then I would need two, one for each eye.

Cheers Con

I can honestly say the 5" screen of the 8450 is very nice and easy to see.... I struggle to use smaller screens now. I was traveling with a m8 who had a TomTom and I really struggled to see the screen.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Announcement on Navigon's website about the 4.3" 40 Series range coming out this month. Includes integrated Live Services. Hope will be on 70 5" Series also soon?
conjopley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello David.
There's a couple of offers available now for the 8450, a sure sign to me of not only its birthday's coming up but there will be a successor and as its already a good Sat Nav, one of the few things they can do is the integrated live service module.

Cheers Con.
C1man
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
Announcement on Navigon's website about the 4.3" 40 Series range coming out this month. Includes integrated Live Services. Hope will be on 70 5" Series also soon?

Details here:
http://www.navigon.com/portal/int/uebernavigon/presse/artikel/100602_40erSerie.html
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C1man wrote:
BigPerk wrote:

Details here:
http://www.navigon.com/portal/int/uebernavigon/presse/artikel/100602_40erSerie.html

Sorry to maybe burst a bubble, don't get too excited about the 'intergrated live services' yet.
I wasn't able to test one of the Live models (I had the most basic version) but 'integrated' maybe refering to the software being part of the product. The Live features only become active when the mobile connection is present.
Basically it means that Navigon only have one version of the software, no more Live and non live versions like we have now.
conjopley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no mention or suggestion of any forthcoming upgrades to the 5" models.
It looks as though I may well take advantage of one of the current offers floating around.

Cheers Con.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Con. Unless you are desperate to get Live services quickly, I'd advise holding off for a bit. I can't imagine that the 70 Series won't have a Live option - it is after all, the top-of-range, and perhaps the big screen would particularly appeal to 'professional' drivers who WOULD expect Live.

Although Navigon said it would be released 'during the summer', I would have thought that now the 40s are coming out this month, the wait might not be too long. If they really do have integrated Live Services (notwithstanding jonandmarkuk's doubts), any further work on the current range would, I guess, be in the short-term only.

There's also a question on Navigon's FaceBook page about this, so hopefully there will be a reply shortly.

For my part, I've drafted my ebay ad for my prehistoric 8310, but am awaiting events Laughing . I'll have to try and time it before the new devices actually become too well known! Wink
conjopley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning David.

Trouble is I would put it to use shortly with a European trip on the horizon so a typical September'ish announcement would possibly be during/after the event.
I hate wire clutter and if there was an out-side chance of the intergration I'd wait.
I've taken a few bottles back so the monies to hand. Laughing

Cheers Con.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: