Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Will I be able to hear my iPaq?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Will I be able to hear my iPaq?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Markymark
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Will I be able to hear my iPaq? Reply with quote

Hi

I'm thinking of buying Tomtom 3 bundled with a HP Ipaq, and I'm just wondering if the speaker in the Ipaq will be loud enough to hear driving directions whilst on the move? I'm presuming it will be as why else would you bundle it with an Ipaq, would be good if anyone could confirm this for me though.
Elijah
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what I have read you will want to buy a mount that has a built in speaker to connect to the audio out from your pocket pc to the mount so you can "really hear" it. This is just what I have read. And I can't recommend any mounts yet, so to answer your question.

I think if you are in a really quiet car with no music on and it isn't raining or hailing on you then your pocket pc will be fine but with music or rain or poor inslation you will want a mount with built in speaker to make it loud and clear.

Hope this helps
Markymark
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Cheers for you help on that one, I think it might just be a case of giving it a go, I can always buy an amplified mount if it's not loud enough. Does anyone have any first hand experience of this though???
nighthawk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm in the same boat too

I want a mount for use with my ipaq 2210, but i'm going to be powering the ipaq and my royaltek sapphire fro the car charger lead, so that complicated the issue a little for me.

the seideo mounts are supposed to be very good and they have the speaker in them too.
Elijah
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of getting a seikio also but I read a bunch of bad stuff on these forums about seikio (missing parts, defective parts). So I would stay away from seikio based on what I read hear.

I have heard nothing but good about the brodit mounts, however not sure exactly about their built in speaker yet, i will be getting a brodit when I purchase one.
amcluesent
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the female voice fine even at motorway speeds and with the radio on. This is, however, used with an ipaq 3850 where the volume goes up to 11 Thumbs Up
Deadly_Jowl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have TomTom 3 and an iPaq 4150. The volume would be fine with no music on but When I've got some decent tunes on and the Air con on full I find the Speaker Mount on my Arkon invaluable.
AMG_Roadster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an iPaq 4350/4355 and I need an external speaker. In the car with the top down I can not hear the internal speak
mrklaw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 4150, and generally find the voice fine. Sure, if I have the music on really loud, then it can be a bit vague, but I can hear it say something, then a quick glance across gives me the info I need.

But then if you really want to get somewhere you've never been before, maybe don't turn the radio up so loud.

Certainly I think the 4150 is loud enough to at least give it a go. Bear in mind that I think its speaker is on the top, so not obscured by the mount. Other Ipaqs may have the speaker in the back?
gacrane
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have iPAQ 2210 TTN3 and use the Arkon powered mount. I find it very good in my car and if I do have the cd up high I can still hear the voice. Where I do find it comes into its own is in my wifes MX5 with the roof down and stereo blasting then I do need the power mount but with it I can still hear the instructions. But hey if you miss one a quick look at the screen tells you what you need to know anyway.

Just as a side note the Arkon mount also has extra power outs so you can connect your BT GPS or other things via one lighter socket.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: