Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Route planner - plot accuracy
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Route planner - plot accuracy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Route planner - plot accuracy Reply with quote

I have not used the route planner recently. Trying to use it again today on an area I don't have detailed electronic maps for I find that the cursor plots appear to be consistently off centre. The pin is not put in at the centre of the cursor but at the edge at best. Have others found this?

Using Windows 7 and Google Chrome.
Satsync 1.525
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did not notice any issue when I last used it. I know from personal experience that getting consistency across different browsers is a nightmare and I am aware of an issue with Satmap Planner on Firefox. I am not a fan of IE, but the planner seems to work OK on it - it was probably written for it.
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonesbach wrote:
Did not notice any issue when I last used it. I know from personal experience that getting consistency across different browsers is a nightmare and I am aware of an issue with Satmap Planner on Firefox. I am not a fan of IE, but the planner seems to work OK on it - it was probably written for it.

Not had any problems using the Route Planner with Firefox.

Ian
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bosun wrote:

Ian

Ian, what OS are you using? I have MS with the latest Firefox download. If I mark a route, click the hand button, then click on route point on map to move it, the map 'locks to the cursor' and I am unable to release it without restarting the page.
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonesbach,

Was originally using XP without any problems

Have just tried doing what you describe on my new laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium and once again no problem.

Using Firefox 3.6.2

Ian
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

Yes it looks as if my problem is caused by Chrome for some reason. IE gives a good plot. Looks like I will have to go back to IE if I want to use this in the future!
Satsync 1.525
stormin7039
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostMike wrote:
Thanks guys.

Yes it looks as if my problem is caused by Chrome for some reason. IE gives a good plot. Looks like I will have to go back to IE if I want to use this in the future!

I can confirm this problem since I normally use Chrome and get quite a large positional error which makes the facility virtually unusable.
This does not happen with IE. This is a pity because Chrome is the better browser.
lostme
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonesbach wrote:
Bosun wrote:

Ian

Ian, what OS are you using? I have MS with the latest Firefox download. If I mark a route, click the hand button, then click on route point on map to move it, the map 'locks to the cursor' and I am unable to release it without restarting the page.

I am having similar problems with using XP with firefox 3.6.3. I thought it was just me and my lack of knowledge of how to use the planner

I have IE6 installed but when I use the route planner the route overview and search map and map overview are all displayed below the map where as they are beside it when using firefox. This means a lot of scrolling around. Is this due to some settings on my computer which I need to change or would a different verison of IE improve the display. How do other users see the display and what IE version is being used. Advice and suggestions appreciated please
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostme,
I would strongly recommend updating to IE8. There may be security issues outstanding with IE6, there definitely is one outstanding on IE7. I am using IE8 and the information displays OK for me.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: