Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nick789uk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Help please Reply with quote

Hi while out on Monday up in the lakes was using my satmap all appeared to be working fine, had it in hibination mode then about two hours into the walk came to check my posison and the satmap had turned it self off and would not come back on again, so I thought the battery had gone but that was strange as it had been fully recharged, so I exchanged it for the spare that I carry. Turned on straight away got a fix, again put it in hibination mode worked all the way on the walk. When I got home I put the original battery in turned it on it came on said it had a full battery, I am baffled anyone got any ideas. thanks for your time.

Nick
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can sometimes get a bit of extra life by resting the battery, is it still working?
I have had some unusual behaviour from 'hibernate', but I would be more inclined to look for poor battery connections.
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick,

As Jonesbach has alluded to,the battery connections on the Active10 are one of its weak points.How it ever got past quality control has always been a mystery to me.

It is a very fragile affair,especially if it is regularly distubed by changing batteries.Not the sort of thing you want to be disturbing in the outdoors in the rain.

Make sure the plug is pushed fully home and leave it alone would be my suggestion.

Ian
nick789uk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for the advice it is proberly the case as I have two of the rechargable batteries and use one as a back up. due to not using the one that failed for a long time I decided to use it and chage it up so must not have pushed the conection all the way in, now its charged it will go back into my sack for emergancies, thanks a lot for your advice. pity they could not have come up with a more substancile way of connecting the battery as the marchine is a fantastic pice of kit, and in my opinion better than the Garmin and MM as I have used them both in the past and still got the mm for backup. \it also proves that you should always take a map and compass and know how to use them. Razz

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: