Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - What's the best way to complain about HD being cancelled
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

What's the best way to complain about HD being cancelled

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TomDavison
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: What's the best way to complain about HD being cancelled Reply with quote

A month ago, I bought a 950 with the special offer of a year live services. Today they stopped, and my 950 is inviting me to sign up to a subscription for £7.99 a month. Is there something I can do to get it working again, and if not, who do I talk to to complain?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give them a ring in the morning 0845 161 0009 as they should be able to resolve this quite easily - Mike
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

according to saynoto0870.com you could also try:

020 7387 5444

"Select Option 1 from the 1st menu and press 0 (zero) at the next menu when you are given options to log an issue with TomTom. You are now put through to the same menu that the 0845 number reaches."

cheaper if you call from a mobile, 0845 numbers are blocked or 0845 numbers aren't free on your landline phone.
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanksw for the numbers ..I had to buy a month as my free service has not started yet ,so need to start complaining
If I really knew how crap the 750 (FOOLED YET AGAIN) was I would never have brought it ,I only bought it for the traffic
TomDavison
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rang the 0207 number and basically got straight through to the TomTom menu. (no need to press Zero) After a couple of options, I got through to a very friendly chap who said I should have been told to log on to www.tomtompromotions.co.uk/liveoffer and fill in the online form. Since I wasn't told this, he gave me 2 weeks "free" HD info to give me time to fill in the form, and get the data processed. BRILLIANT.

Went to the on line form, but it wouldn't accept the data, since I should have filled it in within 30 days of purchase, and of course, until it stopped working, I hadn't done anything. So back to TomTom on the 0207 number, couple of menu options and BINGO, they're shut for the night.

Ho hum, try again tomorrow.
TomDavison
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoke this morning to another very nice man (Matthew A) , who asked me to send him a screenshot of my Amazon purchase information. I did so and have had an e-mail saying that the year's free HD information has been added to my account. Job done.

Can I suggest that the 0207 number be added as a sticky by the moderators, since it is by far the easiest and cheapest way of contacting support. It may also be worth flagging up the need to register for the years HD, as I wasn't told that when I bought the 950.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: