Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Satmap Wishlist - Post v1.400
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Satmap Wishlist - Post v1.400
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MadDogMcQ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my motorbikes I use a Garmin Zumo 550 and it has the ability to accept SD based topo maps for walking (I bought The Lakes map). It cost the same as my A10+ but has some very handy features which I wish my A10+ had, like....

* 100% Water Proofing (IPX7)

* Built-in MP3 Player

* Built-in Photo Gallery

* Photo Navigation

* Built-in Security Lock Feature

* Talk/Listen Phone Connection

I fully appreciate that these two navigation devices are for completely different applications, but when looking at the feature sets, the Garmin offers an extremely high-value feature pack.

Tom
PloddinPedro
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MadDogMcQ wrote:
For my motorbikes I use a Garmin Zumo 550 and it has the ability to accept SD based topo maps for walking (I bought The Lakes map). It cost the same as my A10+ but has some very handy features which I wish my A10+ had, like....

* 100% Water Proofing (IPX7)

* Built-in MP3 Player

* Built-in Photo Gallery

* Photo Navigation

* Built-in Security Lock Feature

* Talk/Listen Phone Connection

I fully appreciate that these two navigation devices are for completely different applications, but when looking at the feature sets, the Garmin offers an extremely high-value feature pack.

Tom
Agreed, but what about the power draw? I'd do without all the above for extra battery life (except perhaps the weatherproof factor, without which the entire thing is useless!)
rickwiggans
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please can we have the option to have 4 data boxes back, when on track up. I know Satmap say they've limited it to 2 in this view, to show more map area, but I would like to have the choice please!

Rick
planetnine
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickwiggans wrote:
Please can we have the option to have 4 data boxes back, when on track up. I know Satmap say they've limited it to 2 in this view, to show more map area, but I would like to have the choice please!

Rick

Rick, you're only limited to two data boxes on the "Track-up Low" screen, not on the normal Track-up. Keep pressing the key, it cycles round...
rickwiggans
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - you are correct! Thanks. That's what you get for half reading the manual. Normally I don't read it at all!

Cheers

Rick
themib
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to have the compass pointer more like the Garmin etrex vista I had when following a route on my mountin bike. When approaching a waypoint it warns what the direction of the waypoint after the upcoming one is, by say bending the arrow in the middle.
That way I know that after the nextwaypoint I will be turning right, left or straight on.
With the satmap I only find out I have to turn right once I am on top of the upcoming waypoint, this doesnt make for smooth riding. I have to refer to the map instead, while the garmin bendy arrow was far easier and would also let you know better if you needed to turn back.

Following the map by glancing is not as easy as the bendy arrow.
lucevans
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Suggested improvement to hibernate mode Reply with quote

I would like a new option to be made available in the hibernate timeout menu:

In addition to timed-hibernation, could we have a new option called "Hibernate on Power Button" which would leave the unit "always on" until the user presses the power button. Then, instead of completely powering down, the unit would enter hibernation.

This option would be of great use to those users who use the unit to record track logs for route records and geotagging, but who would like the instant-on feature and near-instant satellite lock that hibernate mode gives.
lucevans
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Request for reinstatement of road labels ON or OFF Reply with quote

In software v1.42 the ability to turn the UK road vector map road names ON or OFF has gone - they are are now always displayed overlaid on all maps, including OS 1:50 000 and 1:25 000 scales. Some users do not like this, as it deviates from the "pure" OS mapping and can clutter the screen with unnecessary information. It also has a big impact on screen-redraw times, causing very slow zooming and panning.
So could we please have a menu option to specify whether road names are displayed or not?
RavingDave
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like a supporting application that lets me view the very expensive licenced maps on a PC, with the ability to plan routes and plot POIs on a large screen and then export them to the SATMAP unit. Having bought the maps I'm not sure why I have to be restricted to only viewing them on the device. Memory map allows maps to be used on PC and mobile device, so why not Satmap?
davidor
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As well as a major endorsement for the road name option to be toggleable, I would like to see the World Map available on a card rather than having to replace the UK road map as it is at present.
Gwyver
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changes to the Trip Log display
Add "Trip Duration" = time since the Trip Log was reset.
Change the field names of:-
    "Total Time" to "Active Time" and
    "Av Speed" to "Active Speed"
to be consistent with the reality that this Time value (& hence it's corresponding Speed value) does not increase whilst the Trip Log is 'Stopped'.

Replace Sunrise & Sunset fields in the Log with:-
    Time now = hh:mm:dd
    Overall Average Speed = Total Distance/Trip Duration
Do not allow the "Total Dist" or "Elevation" values to be updated whilst the Trip Log is 'Stopped'.

Last edited by Gwyver on Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gwyver
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAW Track file recording
Change the behaviour of the RAW track file so that it only updates whilst Trip Log is "Started" (The v1.4 User Guide implies that this is the intended behaviour). This would have 2 benefits:-
    reduced power consumption - fewer writes to the SD card
    Much 'tidier' RAW gpx files when exported for use in other applications such as MemoryMap, Geosetter, Gartrip, etc..

It would also be desirable if a {trkseg} record was written to the RAW file whenever the Trip Log is "Started" and a corresponding {/trkseg} record written whenever the Trip Log is "Stopped"
As above, this would make it much easier to trim track files for use when geotagging & similar.
ChrisJakarta
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this topic still valid for v1.42? Or would it be appropriate to start a new topic for this new version, including 'bumping' a number of outstanding wishes?

Chris
PloddinPedro
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisJakarta wrote:
Is this topic still valid for v1.42? Or would it be appropriate to start a new topic for this new version, including 'bumping' a number of outstanding wishes?

Chris
My knee jerk reaction is to say a fresh list would be useful, ideally kept to bullet points to keep it easily readable and perhaps with some kind of voting mechanism so that each suggestion can be weighted according to demand?
mooseman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gwyver wrote:
RAW Track file recording
Change the behaviour of the RAW track file so that it only updates whilst Trip Log is "Started" (The v1.4 User Guide implies that this is the intended behaviour). This would have 2 benefits:-
    reduced power consumption - fewer writes to the SD card
    Much 'tidier' RAW gpx files when exported for use in other applications such as MemoryMap, Geosetter, Gartrip, etc..

It would also be desirable if a {trkseg} record was written to the RAW file whenever the Trip Log is "Started" and a corresponding {/trkseg} record written whenever the Trip Log is "Stopped"
As above, this would make it much easier to trim track files for use when geotagging & similar.

Must agree with this, please can it be done ASAP

Moose

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: