Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CamerAlert Support
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CamerAlert Support
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
batties
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I will try rebooting my iphone as well.
TT Home version 2.7.5.2014
iPhone 4S with CameraAlert
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it just a normal car charger or is it a cradle? another user realised that when his iphone was in the cradle it tried piping the sound to his stereo, which wasn't turned on...!!
chillpete
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Crashing Reply with quote

Hi, is there any more ideas on how to get round the problem of the app crashing/refusing to open, because so far I have not been able to use the app more than once without reinstalling it every time.

Peter
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Crashing Reply with quote

chillpete wrote:
Hi, is there any more ideas on how to get round the problem of the app crashing/refusing to open, because so far I have not been able to use the app more than once without reinstalling it every time.

Couple of questions. Which phone are you using it on, which version of firmware, is it jailbroken? At what point does the app fail, e.g. imediatly after the logo screen, etc. Can you optain a GPS fix using another app before and after. (must be a gps fix and not a network fix) How full is your device with apps, music, videos?

Do you know how to access the error log files?

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
chillpete
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I am using a iphone 3gs 16g with firmware 3.1.2. The phone is not jailbroken

The app crashes as soon as you get to the logo screen and I can get gps fix with other apps on the phone. I have 10.1 gig available on the phone. Sorry I do not know how to access the error log files.

Peter
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

see here for error logs / crash logs: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=81962

MaFt
MartinT
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Track Log - Email Reply with quote

If i try to send a track log via email it always fails if I try this over wifi. If I switch wifi off it will then work on a 3G or GPRS connection.

I've tried this to different email addresses with the same result.

The error I receive is "Error(-3): Unable to connect to the server."
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this happen in all WiFi networks, or just a particular one? Maybe your DNS server isn't behaving properly.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Wlodek
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Changing the device linked to the account Reply with quote

Hello there,

I bought the app, linking to the account here went fine. I have now upgraded the iPhone and when I tried to link it to the account I received an error message to the effect of another device already being linked to the account.

How do I un-link and/or change the device linked to the account?

I could not find any instructions to this effect, but then I am known for my inability to find things ... apologies if this is a FAQ.

Thanks very much,
W.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Changing the device linked to the account Reply with quote

Wlodek wrote:
How do I un-link and/or change the device linked to the account?

at the bottom of the support page (http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/cameralert.php) is the following:

"4) I changed my iPhone and now I cannot link my PocketGPSWorld.com account.
The PocketGPSWorld.com account can only be linked to a single iPhone. We appreciate that occasionally devices get lost stolen, replaced or upgraded. If you need to change your account open a support ticket specifying your user name and the UDID of your new device. We will change our registration details on the system for you."

ticket system is here: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/support.php

and info on getting the udid is:
"The iPhone UDID is obtained by running up iTunes with the iPhone connected click on the iPhone in the left hand panel to get the summary pane displayed, then click on the serial number this will change to the UDID. If you now press <CTRL>+C it will copy the UDID, you can then paste it in the support form."

MaFt
MartinT
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
Does this happen in all WiFi networks, or just a particular one? Maybe your DNS server isn't behaving properly.

Well I've finally found another Wifi network to try from and still have the same error.

Both networks are using OpenDNS so is this the potential problem ? I have no other problems resolving addresses or sending email at either location.
trackpig
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

I found myself in the market for a new speed camera detector and found my way to pgpsw database and the iphone app.

I have been experiencing a couple of problems with the app and wonder if you can help.

The gps signal seems to drop out when on the motorway, this results in the speed readout to be wrong and the map not updating ( the grey grid is shown).
The app then seems to lock up and the gps will not locate unless i close the app and reopen.

This has made my a little untrusting of the alarms that may or may not be coming through if the app does not know my location.

I know the iphone is responsible for the gps signal. Is it that the iphone gps system is out of its depth when trying to track at 80mph?

Any tips on over coming my problem- I will gladly sign up to the subscription if I can get the app to work reliably.

My iphone is a 3g 8gb with 5gb free memory and is not jailbroken. The tracking function in the app is turned off.

Cheers
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you see better GPS performance with other applications? (You can try Waze or other free offerings)

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trackpig wrote:
The gps signal seems to drop out when on the motorway, this results in the speed readout to be wrong and the map not updating ( the grey grid is shown).

you seem to be confusing mobile data signal and satellite (gps) signal.

the grey grid simply means you have not got a mobile data signal, or it is too poor to manage to download the map tiles. this has nothing to do with gps signal. the app will still function without a data connection but you will not, obviously, be able to download the map tiles!

also, when you say "the speed readout [is] wrong" - do you mean it shows lower than your car speedo? if so then this is normal. car speedo's are set to over-read the current speed - sometimes by as much as 10% so on a motorway if your car speedo says 70 you are likely to be doing around 65 - which is what the app would show.

do you get the speed discrepancies all the time? or have you only ever looked at the speed when you notice the map hasn't loaded?

MaFt
docdoc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there likely to be anything for those of us who don't have iphones (windows mobile)?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: