Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom start + SDK mnu allowed?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom start + SDK mnu allowed?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main question remaining is with the speed camera database installed do the ogg audio files also work on this device, the menu commands seem to support the POI menu options so I would expect it to but until this is actually tried its a big unknown - Mike
kondor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

understood mike.

I will shove all the bits and bobs from the pgpsw speed cams and go for a journey in the morning to see how it performs.

Not expecting any problems, but your right, until it is actually road tested it is not safe to say for certain.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to load all the files and configure the Warn When Near POI option for each speed camera category, the speed zoned offers the best level of information even if it does take a while to configure (5 minutes when you get used to it).
If you get a message on screen asking "Is this the sound you want to use" and hear nothing simply answer "Yes" as this is a long established bug, if you answer no the device will display some stupid message about missing pictures and lock up! - Mike
kondor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there is some information on what proximity settings I should have for the various speed limits.

found it...
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-tomtom-ov2.php

Last edited by kondor on Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For speed zoned fixed cameras just use the x10 rule:

30MPH = 300 yards
50MPH = 500 yards
70MPH = 700 yards

For mobiles add 50% to the above figures - Mike
kondor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah! I used the 10 second rule Laughing Out Loud.

Doesn't matter, it will do for a test. Going out for a drive tomorrow morning past a variety of cams including specs, red-light, common mobile and gatso.

Tell you what, it doesn't take that long to set up those speed zoned pois, but when you get to the last two you feel yourself saying "yes! only two to go!"

Smile
kondor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works fine.

Tested gatso specs and mobile. All worked fine with the ogg files.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More good news!
Is there a "run demo route" on the Start? Could have saved yourself a journey if there is.

On most models you can "Prepare route" with a start and end point near some cameras. Then once it's calculated the route - go to Details / Show route demo. At around 200% playback speed, the alerts should still work as if you were really on the road.
thezerocool
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
More good news!
Is there a "run demo route" on the Start? Could have saved yourself a journey if there is.

On most models you can "Prepare route" with a start and end point near some cameras. Then once it's calculated the route - go to Details / Show route demo. At around 200% playback speed, the alerts should still work as if you were really on the road.

yes, its old school. click on the version button after planning a route and double tap the clock. You need small quick fingers to get achieve this.

Learned this back in the days of selling the 300 500 and 700. See, all those years weren't wasted after all. Smile
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thezerocool wrote:
click on the version button after planning a route and double tap the clock. You need small quick fingers to get achieve this.

Have you actually tried this on the TomTom Start as I can't get it to work at all, the only way to get Route Demo is with a custom menu - Mike
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, thezerocool is exactly right.

For sake of anything else, this 'easter egg' was built into the original application of the Start and remains to this day.

Why the developers couldn't have just incorporated this functionality as an icon, who knows Question Question
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got that working now so perhaps this device isn't quite as dumb as I first thought! - Mike
mickeydavis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: All of this works with the EASE Reply with quote

I loaded up Kondor's script and it works like a charm. There are about 8 or nine pages of options now. The only problem is this: I can no longer choose a car. That option has completely disappeared--well, that's not literally true. The option for it is there but when you check it off you then are returned to the main page, so there is no way of changing car symbols. Is there an easy fix for this? I had to take the SDKRegistry out or rename it in order to get to my original options, then reactivate it. Kind of a long trip to take. The rest of it is really perfect though. I didn't really want all the speed cameras, but what it gave me...adding POIs, choosing walking plans, and a few mundane things lke that were all I needed. I did however add the Statnav hack found on another site, and it works like a charm too. So now I can opt for walking routes, use the Statnav, and walk around the city with great accuracy. Thanks very much! Oh, yes, and if anybody knows how to add the option to change cars, that would be nice.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the art/ cars subfolder on the device which should contain the vehicle icons? - Mike
mickeydavis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really not sure exactly what folders I have. I can go look but I don't think it is necessary. Home showed me I had like 21 different car icons. I just couldn't get the unit to load or change them. As soon as I reverted to my original setup by renaming sdkdirectory, I was able to change icons at will. Once I loaded sdkregistry again, the newest icon I had selected was still the icon but I once again had lost the ability to change them. I did that all through the unit so the info is certainly there.

I guess I should be more specific about what shows with the new options: I vcan see the voices and images icon in the "options" page, along with change voice, home and favorites, map corrections, set clock, and change language. I believe all those options work fine. But if I go into voices and images I go nowhere, it just brings up the main menu, so something is missing, right?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: