Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT HOME :(
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT HOME :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: TT HOME :( Reply with quote

Can anyone suggest resolution of a problem with HOME 2.7.3.1894 - the latest.
I had somehow duplicated the TT Home Preferences - Folders on my laptop so decided on a tidy up. (I have my BackUps elsewhere, as I do not use HOME for this purpose). I uninstalled HOME then uninstalled all the folders in Documents so that the computer was clean of any TT files.
I then downloaded HOME afresh which recreated the User-Documents-TomTom/Home/Download/Complete etc folder.
I have put the latest Navcore app. into the Download/Complete folder and tried to install it via Home, but it is not recognised as being on my computer. All other functions work OK.

Any theories Question Suggestions.

Graham
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure the path designated in Home for downloads matches exactly what you are seeing on the computer.

If that is the case, and when in Home/Manage Unit/items on computer, it doesn't show an application, I'd do this....

1. Use Explorer to remove the application file from the computer.
2. Use Home to remove the application from the unit.
3. Disconnect the unit properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon. Turn off, turn on and connect to Home.
4. It should offer to download and install. Do so.

Before doing anything, though, make one more complete Explorer backup of your current unit's contents.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: TT HOME :( Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
I have put the latest Navcore app. into the Download/Complete folder and tried to install it via Home, but it is not recognised as being on my computer.
It should go into Download/complete/program folder.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both. Points and suggestions noted. Will try again taking your comments into account.

Graham
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
Make sure the path designated in Home for downloads matches exactly what you are seeing on the computer.

If that is the case, and when in Home/Manage Unit/items on computer, it doesn't show an application, I'd do this....

1. Use Explorer to remove the application file from the computer.
2. Use Home to remove the application from the unit.
3. Disconnect the unit properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon. Turn off, turn on and connect to Home.
4. It should offer to download and install. Do so.

Before doing anything, though, make one more complete Explorer backup of your current unit's contents.

Followed your instructions, David: 1, 2, & 3....4 did not work as expected, but it certainly offered a download..........a very old one which I did not want Sad
I have now loaded the new application extracting it direct to the device via ZipGenius 6 (almost the same are WinRar, but it's free) via Explorer.
HOME, however, is still defeating its own purpose and being very annoying. I'll work on it.
The device is now working as it should with the new application installed.

And, Oldboy, I have checked and the application is where it should be and as you described. And, the Home/Tools/ Preferences is correct in that it is exactly as the Documents folders structure.
Thanks both again
Graham

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: