Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which do i plump for?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which do i plump for?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> SatNav User Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ATROPHY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Which do i plump for? Reply with quote

Hi all, my Mitac Mio C620T finally died and after getting a promotion requiring trips up and down the country i need a replacement.

Price range is probably anything upto £300, i like the idea of Traffic if it works properly.

From reading around it seems Garmin and Tom Tom are the choices to go for and i was looking at the 1490T and the 540, help me please as i'm drowning with specs and would appreciate an informed opinion to push me in the right direction.

Cheers.
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Which do i plump for? Reply with quote

ATROPHY wrote:
Hi all, my Mitac Mio C620T finally died and after getting a promotion requiring trips up and down the country i need a replacement.

Price range is probably anything upto £300, i like the idea of Traffic if it works properly.

From reading around it seems Garmin and Tom Tom are the choices to go for and i was looking at the 1490T and the 540, help me please as i'm drowning with specs and would appreciate an informed opinion to push me in the right direction.

Cheers.
If you have any specific requirements (mp3 player, phone hands free, Maps of UK/Europe/RoW, etc.) then post a list and we'll try to recommend something suitable.

I swear by the 940, but there are newer/cheaper models. Also, remember that for models with "Live Traffic", you need a subscription.

When you decide what you want, this site is worth a look for prices.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
ATROPHY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phone hands free is a good idea and i only really need UK maps, subscription isn't a problem unless it's ridiculous money and i like the lane guidance/traffic idea.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at the XL IQ Live UK&ROI version there is the £8 month charge for the Live services, this device doesn't offer Handsfree which I appreciate you want, consider fitting the car with a dedicated hands free kit such as an iO-Play or Parrot as they are much more reliable for phone calls.
The current model range is rather difficult to understand, you have the 550 Live which offers very little more than the XL IQ Live other than handsfree - Mike
ATROPHY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, looking online i can find the 550 for £170 including 1 year free HD traffic, i think i might go for this one unless something else captures me between now and next Wednesday!

Cheers, Andy.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> SatNav User Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: