Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Satsync freezing
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Satsync freezing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goon525
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Satsync freezing Reply with quote

First time I've tried to use the new version of Satsync, and I've had problems. This on a 64 bit Windows 7 machine. Connect, and it shows up the stuff on the Satmap just fine, but hit 'Import', and nothing happens, doesn't take you to a file explorer; or hit 'File Converter' and it just freezes, with 'Convert to MAP' just pulsating orange.

Also, the user guide requires Platform 09.02.21 or higher for some Satsync functionality, such as 'Active 10 status', and guess what, this function doesn't work for me. My Platform shows via Satmap Settings as 00.00.0. This with 1.4 installed on both Satmap and PC.

I eventually managed to import the route I wanted from Satmap's online planner using drag and drop, which did work, but at the moment, most of Satsync's quite useful functionality is passing me by.

Any ideas, anyone?
manora
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this relates to your Win7-64 problems but are you aware of the Platform upgrade?

http://www.satmap.com/ukstore/index.php?cPath=111_152_154
goon525
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yes, though I'm a bit surprised to have 00.00.0!! I'd be interested to know if anyone not having had the platform upgrade has the same (lack of) number, and whether they get anything out of the status button?
GPSwalker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 00.00.0 comes with the free download upgrade, which does not have the complete v1.4 software. I had this version before buying the upgrade SD card from Satmap for £9.99. The version on the card registers Platform 09.02.21 on your unit.
lucevans
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before shelling-out your £9.99 for the upgrade SD card, check your Active 10 serial number: if it falls in the range 0001 - 1975 then your unit will not be able to take the platform upgrade. This is because the first production batches of Active 10's had a different motherboard.

My unit fell into this category (and showed platform 00.00.0) - unfortunately, Satmap didn't publish the motherboard incompatability issue until after I had ordered the platform upgrade SD card and attempted to install it. It didn't do my unit any harm, it just didn't upgrade the platform!

Upon contacting them, they advised me that my options were to use the limited functionality available in the v1.4 firmware update running on the old platform (no hibernate mode, no folder support for routes, POIs, unit reboot required before seeing any files copied using SatSync, etc.) -OR- send my Active 10 in to them for a motherboard replacement, at a cost of £35 (actually £45, but they refunded me the £9.99 for the upgrade SD card I'd already bought).

I opted for the motherboard replacement- during which they also installed the latest platform software, firmware, and calibrated the aerial- and I've got to say I'm delighted - it's made the unit must more responsive, the satellite reception is far more sensitive, and all the new features work perfectly.
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Satmap A10 (v1.4.5471.0 / Platform 09.02.21)

Is that a beta version?
lucevans
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4ndynorfolk wrote:
Quote:

Is that a beta version?

Oooops! Um...yes...possibly... Embarassed

UPDATE: Actually, on further checking, No...it isn't the latest beta.
goon525
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My motherboard is ok; but I'd decided against the upgrade because I wasn't sure the new functionality was worth a tenner to me. But it looks like I'm going to have to rethink.

I take it no one else has had my main problem, viz on W7 64bit, not getting anything useful out of Satsync when I hit "import"?
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucevans wrote:
4ndynorfolk wrote:
Quote:

Is that a beta version?

Oooops! Um...yes...possibly... Embarassed

UPDATE: Actually, on further checking, No...it isn't the latest beta.

I thought that they may have released a bug fix without me noticing.

I just downloaded and installed the latest version from the internet, but my about screen still says 1.400 (09.02.21).
lucevans
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4ndynorfolk wrote:
I just downloaded and installed the latest version from the internet, but my about screen still says 1.400 (09.02.21).

to see the exact build version of firmware on your unit, goto the About screen in the main menu, then press the top left button, then the top right button, then the top left button again- you should now have access to 3 screens of detailed information about your Active 10. The firmware version is at the top of the first screen.
nonoftheabove
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that heads up lucevans.
wouldnt have known how to get to that
'page' without a hint.

Are there any more hidden gems that
i might or worth looking for Cool
Asphodel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Satsync freezing Reply with quote

Hi, I'm having a similar problem.

I am finding that Satsync is freezing when exporting .gpx files to my computer. The first few files will export and then I get a halting response, followed by a freeze with a message window saying the file transfer has been interrupted and the USB cable may not be connected properly. I have tried the usb cable in 7 different USB ports but get the same result each time. Satmap kindly sent me a free USB cable with my platform upgrade card but I'm still having problems.

I have the latest software including the platform upgrade. My computer is running 64 bit Windows 7.

I would like to export my full Great Britain at 50k map to my computer just in case my card ever has problems but at the moment I have no confidence in the export process.

Has anyone else had similar problems or can you suggest a solution?

Asphodel
Asphodel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Satsync freezing Reply with quote

Hi, I'm having a similar problem.

I am finding that Satsync is freezing when exporting .gpx files to my computer. The first few files will export and then I get a halting response, followed by a freeze with a message window saying the file transfer has been interrupted and the USB cable may not be connected properly. I have tried the usb cable in 7 different USB ports but get the same result each time. Satmap kindly sent me a free USB cable with my platform upgrade card but I'm still having problems.

I have the latest software including the platform upgrade. My computer is running 64 bit Windows 7.

I would like to export my full Great Britain at 50k map to my computer just in case my card ever has problems but at the moment I have no confidence in the export process.

Has anyone else had similar problems or can you suggest a solution?

Asphodel

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: