Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SatSYNC and windows XP : Message
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SatSYNC and windows XP : Message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike777
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: SatSYNC and windows XP : Message Reply with quote

Hi all

Just upgrade to SatSYNC 1.4 and the software on Active 10 to 1.4.

When I plug my unit in i get the message below which has confused me.

What upgrade is it referring to as no internet connection is required ?

At the end it states the message will appear each time the unit is detected so it implies the upgrade may not be needed and the message can be disabled ?

I have upgraded as requested so I am not sure if it's worked or whether to just disable ?

Checked website and can find no reference to 'additional software '

Any ideas or advice gratefully received.

Many thanks

Mike

SatSYNC has been unable to determine the software version on your Active 10. However, it is STRONGLY recommended that you upgrade even if you think you have the latest software. Please run the upgrade as described below.
No Internet connection is required. Do NOT disconnect the Active 10 from your computer during the upgrade process.
1. Before you upgrade, please copy any important files in the Internal Storage to your SD Card or export them to your computer as the upgrade process will delete all these files (except the base maps and POI icons provided by Satmap).
2. To copy these files, click on Close and then use the Copy to SD Card function or Export function as appropriate.
3. To bring this Upgrade window back, simply disconnect and then reconnect your Active 10.
4. When you are ready to upgrade, click on Upgrade, and your Active 10 will have the latest version of software installed.
REMEMBER: do NOT disconnect your Active 10 from the computer during the upgrade process..
If this message appears again AFTER you have completed the upgrade, you may need an additional piece of software available on an upgrade card. Please check our website for information on how to acquire this upgrade card.
This message will always appear when SatSYNC detects the Active 10. You can disable it by de-selecting the appropriate checkbox on the Messages tab in the
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the same message. I had hoped it would only appear when an update was available, but this seems not to be the case. Perhaps it is something not fully implemented to date. Feel free to press cancel and you will be taken straight to the Satsync screen.
lucevans
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to get this message repeatedly even after performing the upgrade to v1.4, until I sent my unit back to Satmap to get a new motherboard fitted.

In my case, this message was being caused by the fact that I had an early unit with different electronics in it which was unable to take the platform upgrade required to offer the latest features.

I made the decision to pay £35 for the upgrade, and not only do I now get a faster device, hibernate mode, folder support and better satellite reception, but the annoying SatSync message no longer appears.

FYI, units with serial numbers 0000-1975 have the older motherboards, apparently.
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucevans wrote:
I used to get this message repeatedly even after performing the upgrade to v1.4, until I sent my unit back to Satmap to get a new motherboard fitted.

In my case, this message was being caused by the fact that I had an early unit with different electronics in it which was unable to take the platform upgrade required to offer the latest features.

I made the decision to pay £35 for the upgrade, and not only do I now get a faster device, hibernate mode, folder support and better satellite reception, but the annoying SatSync message no longer appears.

FYI, units with serial numbers 0000-1975 have the older motherboards, apparently.

It would appear there are many motherboard variations. My unit is 5000+, was updated by the Satmap rep. at one of their 'Meet the Experts' sessions and it still produces that message. It looks as if ultimately I'll have to upgrade my motherboard if I wish to continue with software upgrades.
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you will find that the message refers to both the latest download and platform version.

The message has stopped showing since I loaded the update from the SD card.

If you look in the message tab on the settings menu in Satsync you can turn the message off. It reads:
Quote:
Always show the upgrade message (relevant if you do not have the combination of software version 1.4 or higher and platform version 09.02.21 or higher)
Mike777
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4ndynorfolk wrote:
I think you will find that the message refers to both the latest download and platform version.

If you look in the message tab on the settings menu in Satsync you can turn the message off. It reads:
Quote:
Always show the upgrade message (relevant if you do not have the combination of software version 1.4 or higher and platform version 09.02.21 or higher)

Thanks for this.......

How can I upgrade my platform to 09.02.01 ?

Many thanks

Mike
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

You have to purchase an update from Satmap on an SD card,they are on sale on the Satmap site at £9.99 or you can get it done free at one of the Satmap demo's that are up and down the country ( or they were prior to Christmas ).

Ian
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Quote:

Unfortunately this is not the case. I have version 1.400 and it was updated by the Satmap Rep.(using the update SD card) to platform version 09.02.21 and the message still shows.
jjb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er I may have just got the wrong end of the stick.

But do you not just have to go into SatSYNC - click settings, then the messages tab and uncheck "Always show the upgrade message (relevent if you do not have the combination of software version 1.4 or higher and platform version 09.02.21 or higher"

Hope this may help
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you JJB. I read the message incorrectly. I have now corrected my error.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: