Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - wanted Drivesmart detector unit
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

wanted Drivesmart detector unit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> For Sale / Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
specmaster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: wanted Drivesmart detector unit Reply with quote

Hi, I joined this forum when I purchased on of the above units which turned out to be about the best camera detector I have come across. It is not much of a looker I admit but I have had Snoopers before and they always seem to have short comings.

However sadly my unit has now died and when I joined up there used to a dedicated forum for these units and so I'm wondering if these are still in use by members or they lurking in a cupboard somewhere have been replaced with Sat Navs which have a camera database build in?

I have explored this route and purchased a Navman S50 but I'm disappointed by the camera database, both the supplied on and also the PGWS, partly due to the limit on POI's with this unit but more with number of false alerts as it does not use direction data unlike the Drivesmart.

So I'm intereasted in possibly buying your old working unit please if the price is right or maybe none working ones as it may be possible to make a working one from bits of others?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our data has directional alerts and there are some devices that use it such as iGO. Otherwise you could consider a device from Inforad which uses our data and offers directional alerts.
specmaster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Our data has directional alerts and there are some devices that use it such as iGO. Otherwise you could consider a device from Inforad which uses our data and offers directional alerts.

Thanks for the info Darren, I dont have a phone able to run the Igo software and the Inforad system is so basic. I'm currently an old Talex Delta unit but this is not supported by your database although the Novus one does seem good, but this unit again compared to the Drivesmart is fairly basic but not as basic as the Inforad offerings.

As you will be aware the Drivesmart unit used to display the type of threat you were facing on the screen along with distance from the threat and your speed etc and I really looking for the same kind of information again if possible.
stinkinpig
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: drivsmart Reply with quote

got one here what you paying
specmaster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you looking for, I already have a Talex that is doing a good job but I still prefer the systems such as Drivesmart or the Talex Alpha which will provide that bit more info on screen, but only the DS uses the PGW database which is the best around.

So with that in mind I'm not looking to pay a lot so if you name your price and then I wont offend you
stinkinpig
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: ds Reply with quote

£50 plus post
specmaster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
£50 plus post

This is more then I was looking to pay especially as it is probably just gathering dust in your garage or similar.

Had I not had the Talex and also if Drivesmart were still in production (for repairs etc) then I would have paid it gladly but seeing as they aren't and there is no guarantee how long it will last for then I relunctly have to pass on it, sorry. Crying or Very sad
stinkinpig
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: ds Reply with quote

no worries i will keep it

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> For Sale / Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: