Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ONE IQ LIVE lane guidance
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ONE IQ LIVE lane guidance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: ONE IQ LIVE lane guidance Reply with quote

Got to grips with my new TT but when i select the lane guidance as on when on motorway and exiting at junction it does not work on the full screen, only in the bottom left corner. is this common or is there somthing i am missing. Confused Confused
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two things: Advanced Lane Guidance which you are seeing on the status bar with a white active arrow for the lane to take and some greyed out arrows for the lanes not to take.

The second thing is referred to as 'Reality View' and pops up some of the time for certain highway exits as a flashing arrow for the lane to take on the graphic simulation screen that appears.

Ensure under your preference that you see an icon that says 'Hide Lane images' (meaning you HAVE images activated).

Others here will pop in here, I'm sure, with a specific location where Reality View appears. Then you can test your unit with a route to that same spot and see if it appears on your screen.

Bottom line: If European maps function like NA maps, then Reality View will NOT appear for every exit where ALG does show up.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
Bottom line: If European maps function like NA maps, then Reality View will NOT appear for every exit where ALG does show up.

On a recent 550 mile trip from Blackpool to somewhere near Leatherhead and back I counted up the number of times the reality view came on screen with the latest map vs number of motorway junctions I went through and it came to 8%
If you are going straight through a junction there is little point displaying a picture, if you are leaving/ joining/ changing motorways then it tends to pop the picture up - no idea as to how many are actually covered but I suspect its quite low as a percentage - Mike
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda came to that conclusion aswell Mike. It seems to come on at more popular motorway exits where you are going from one motorway to another ( where i live the M8 to the M74)but if you leave at a junction that is only known if you would live there it does not seem to come on (M8 to Jnc 17). i Thought it would be like a default image depending on how many lanes are on the motorway you are on and would show every time. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if1977 wrote:
but if you leave at a junction that is only known if you would live there it does not seem to come on (M8 to Jnc 17).

If I'm looking at the right place, I can confirm that on my 940 with v830.2305 W+C Europe mapping, and also my XL LIVE with v825.2157 W+C Europe 2GB mapping, I *DO* get a reality view if I exit the M8 at Junction 17(westbound).

So what map version are you running if you don't get it?
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
if1977 wrote:
but if you leave at a junction that is only known if you would live there it does not seem to come on (M8 to Jnc 17).

If I'm looking at the right place, I can confirm that on my 940 with v830.2305 W+C Europe mapping, and also my XL LIVE with v825.2157 W+C Europe 2GB mapping, I *DO* get a reality view if I exit the M8 at Junction 17(westbound).

So what map version are you running if you don't get it?

Sorry Andy. I must have stated the wrong Junction it is the one on the kingston bridge for east kilbride west bound. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean Junction 20, then there is only lane guidance for that on my maps, no reality view picture.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: