Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot for iPhone hits the UK Appstore
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot for iPhone hits the UK Appstore
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alan_dr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had an email from ALK confirming that you will be able to receive camera alerts even when not navigating a route. Sygic is a let down on this - not sure about TT etc.
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Speed cams Reply with quote

So,
Has anyone got the PGPS speed cams installed and working on a jailbroken iphone? If so can you post a how to.
Thanks,
Pete
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Speed cams Reply with quote

pete1336 wrote:
So,
Has anyone got the PGPS speed cams installed and working on a jailbroken iphone? If so can you post a how to.
Thanks,
Pete

the last 2 threads here show how: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=78782&highlight=
wiz
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: GPS Signal Reception Reply with quote

I thought I would share this I use a belkin TuneBase™ FM with Hands-Free and have been experiencing problems with a weak GPS signal, I didn't have a problem with my previous setup a griffin device.

symptoms long time to get signal and when i get a signal it would jumping from road to road.

What I have found, The sound output is taken from the earphone jack on top of the I-phone, the wire from the jack plug forms a loop in the center at back of the phone. = a poor GPS reception. when i moved this loop of wire away from the back of the phone the GPS signal returned to its previous state..

In the TuneBase device my phone sits level with the radio mid dash VW passat.

I also have tomtom installed and the exact same applies.

hope this help anyone with a similar problem......

edit for typo..Alan
Redtel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Routing profiles Reply with quote

Hi all

Did anyone find the optimum settings for the routing profile to ensure CoPilot plans the routes a little better than the default settings? I thought I read somewhere that Darren was suggesting a seperate thread for this but I can't find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Question
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=78672
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i noticed yesterday after actually getting a call while routing in CP8 that when the app relaunched it DID actually continue to route me. just the main menu was there, but closing that allowed for normal navigation... i thought it had been said that a call / restart 'lost' the current route? or is that just for multipoint routes?

MaFt
Redtel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
i noticed yesterday after actually getting a call while routing in CP8 that when the app relaunched it DID actually continue to route me. just the main menu was there, but closing that allowed for normal navigation... i thought it had been said that a call / restart 'lost' the current route? or is that just for multipoint routes?

MaFt

I've noticed that if you receive a call, it will resume the planned route, but if you exit the app to initiate a call, when you go back into CoPilot the planned route is no more.
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redtel wrote:
I've noticed that if you receive a call, it will resume the planned route, but if you exit the app to initiate a call, when you go back into CoPilot the planned route is no more.

This might explain why I've found the application is inconsistent as to whether it needs routing input when restarting or not. Hopefully the update (with Apple for approval at the moment) will ensure it always works as we'd wish (according to the app store description of the update, it will restart the application immediately after a call is ended).

Has anyone tried the trick that works with TomTom's app, which is that once the application has quit to take the call, while you're talking you can return to the springboard and re-run the application, while still talking? Sounds like it reduces the impact of Apple's call handling OS limitation.
Redtel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bedbug wrote:

Has anyone tried the trick that works with TomTom's app, which is that once the application has quit to take the call, while you're talking you can return to the springboard and re-run the application, while still talking? Sounds like it reduces the impact of Apple's call handling OS limitation.

Haven't tried restarting the app during the call. I guess in doing that you would also have to replan your route. A bit like starting the app from scratch. But I suppose this is still better that waiting for the app to restart, especially if it'll be a long call.
Redtel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoPilot for UK update is now on the app store. First impressions are good. No QUERTY still.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chart updated: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/iphone-navigation-app-comparison-xr5133.php

MaFt
SSR
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any traffic or speed cameras?...
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got 'safety cameras' and live fuel prices (apparently FOC).

No traffic yet (we weren't told to expect it).

The lack of QWERTY is disappointing - I thought it was meant to be in this update.

MaFt, could you update the table to reflect fuel prices?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bedbug wrote:
MaFt, could you update the table to reflect fuel prices?

yup - will do. not installed the update yet!

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 13 of 24

Jump to: