Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - M25 more SPECs Average Speed Cameras in Essex
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

M25 more SPECs Average Speed Cameras in Essex
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: M25 more SPECs Average Speed Cameras in Essex Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.comOnce again the roads of Essex are the targets for more SPECs Average Speed Cameras. From July 20th the SPECs Average Speed Cameras will be extended from the M11 junction all the way to the A12 intersection.

These cameras will likely be a little confusing as the speed limit changes within the area of coverage. Currently the cameras covering the works in the tunnel area are 40MPH where the contraflow is and on the clockwise section 50MPH after the tunnel to the M11 junction. It would be reasonable to assume that the speed limit will drop to 50MPH on the 20th when the new roadworks start.

Click here to see our video of the new camera locations.

The new SPECs cameras continue where the original ones left off and cover all the way round to just before the A12 in both directions. These are intermingled with the existing SPECs on the anti-clockwise section.

At PocketGPSWorld we capture and verify the locations of these cameras for inclusion in the Speed Camera Database.

This is a short video of us surveying the new locations. They will all be in the database next week so that you will be protected when they are activated on the 20th July. Visit www.pocketgpsworld.com for more details and compatibility with your SatNav.

Our most popular database is the TomTom Safety Camera Database but we support Garmin, Navman, CoPilot, Mio, and 40 other SatNav systems.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's what I call a decent video Mike, both slick and interesting. Such a shame it's only on the forum, would be very good as a promo.

Maybe you could start a section to teach us all how to get that sort of result? In the meantime, I'll go hide my beach video where nobody can see how amateur it is. Embarassed

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not just on the forum, but also on YouToob...

Actually if you all watched it on YouTube it may become popular...

Check it out here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pZgAJEBrCc
gazphone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Ive just seen your video it looks great, the 1st (specs:30730@70) and 4th (specs:30731@70) camera are the new cams that dont use fiber optical cable to communicate with each other but, use radio waves. you can spot them as the pole is not yellow
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might I make a teensy weensy suggestion? If you do another similar video, would it be possible to flash up an arrow pointing at the camera at some point as you pass? Some watchers may not have seen a specs camera before, so may not notice them and it just becomes a nice video of a motorway trip.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gazphone wrote:
Hi, Ive just seen your video it looks great, the 1st (specs:30730@70) and 4th (specs:30731@70) camera are the new cams that dont use fiber optical cable to communicate with each other but, use radio waves. you can spot them as the pole is not yellow

No, they're all standard SPECS in that video. SPECS3 are the ones you are thinking of and they camera heads are quite different. They wouldn't me mixed.

Original SPECS has a camera with an illuminator either side, SPECS3 is a two unit system:

SPECS:

SPECS3:

gazphone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
gazphone wrote:

No, they're all standard SPECS in that video. SPECS3 are the ones you are thinking of and they camera heads are quite different. They wouldn't me mixed.

Original SPECS has a camera with an illuminator either side, SPECS3 is a two unit system:

SPECS:

SPECS3:

Sorry. I Thought as you can see an aerial it was a specs3 and the post was not yellow
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gazphone wrote:

Sorry. I Thought as you can see an aerial it was a specs3 and the post was not yellow

Unless I am mistaken the ones with the Blue poles are the original 3 70MPH cams running up from the A12 to the M25. I think all the new ones have yellow poles which is the (unwritten) policy for SPECs cameras now.
elevonic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Confused Reply with quote

I looked at these camera's on my way home tonight. From the M11 clockwise they definately look more like the specs 3 type, ie, they only have a 'pod', whatever, on one side in addition to the lens housing. Anyone else noticed this?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're quite right which means I owe gazphone an apology.

There appears to be a mix of SPECS and SPECS3 cameras. Presumably the SPECS are the original install and SPECS3 are the new cameras.

In which case you need to be very careful, these are all connected, all live and lane switching won't help (if it ever did).
gazphone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Darren, no need for an apology at all.

I was going over the QE2 bridge today and all the Specs are the new Specs3 cameras.

should there be a new camera poi file for specs3?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need for a new category, they're still SPECS, just much more likely to catch you.
mhvideos
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the colour of the poles, I think these are temporary SPECS as they are doing preparatory works for widening to 4 lanes here

See http://www.highways.gov.uk/roads/projects/5739.aspx

Martin
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mhvideos wrote:
Regarding the colour of the poles, I think these are temporary SPECS as they are doing preparatory works for widening to 4 lanes here

See http://www.highways.gov.uk/roads/projects/5739.aspx

Martin

Indeed these new cameras are for the roadworks as mentioned in the original post. However all new SPECs are installed with Yellow poles now irrespective of the type of traffic they are monitoring. They are also replacing the blue ones with Yellow when the need to maintain them.
gem
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gazphone wrote:

Unless I am mistaken the ones with the Blue poles are the original 3 70MPH cams running up from the A12 to the M25.

I'm keeping out of Essex - way too complicated. Blue poles and devices is for (everywhere else) TrafficMaster.

Reminds me, I must look up Cumbria to see if the propaganda machinery now says they save lives. Last year they took off the statistics because with the cameras more fatal accidents occurred. Crying or Very sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: