Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPS data tracking SW for PDA or phone
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS data tracking SW for PDA or phone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkjester
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: GPS data tracking SW for PDA or phone Reply with quote

Right; bit of a noob here so please bear with me. I have searched through the Db and cannot find exactly what I’m looking for ATM.

A few years ago I used a seriously cool piece of GPS software called BlueSky on my Nokia 6600. Not only did it have a full screen GPS speedo (analogue and digital) but equally as important it had real-time tracking software too. This would show average speed, max speed, total distance, total moving & stopped times etc, and was very useful for cataloguing a journey.

As my 6600 was getting long-in-the-tooth I decided to eBay it and opted for a PDA running TomTom instead. My regular long-distance journeys were replaced by much shorter ones and I didn’t feel the need for this app any more. Unfortunately when I once again decided to use this app I discovered the company no longer supported it (very annoying as I had paid for a lifetime support when I purchased it) and I cannot find any other app to run on a PDA (actually an O2 XDA) or Symbian phone that will do the job easily. Also the speed reading on the TomTom is so small it is nigh on impossible to read safely when travelling fast.

Before I found BlueSky I borrowed a friends Garmin Legend and that is exactly what I am looking for but in the form of an app I can install on my XDA or preferable onto a Symbian phone.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the XDA consider GPS SPeed Sentry or if you want full blown navigation look at McGuider which should run on either of your devices, for additional information see Here or for McGuider have a read through some of the posts in the McGuder forum Here - Mike
darkjester
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGuider seems like a competent alternative to TomTom but I'm happy enough with my TomTom SW ATM.

The GPS Speed Sentry looks exactly what I'm after! I'm going to download the trial; fingers crossed it'll do what I want!

Thanks for you prompt and informative reply! Very Happy
jolly47roger
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracky has some of the functionality you are looking for - might be worth the free trial

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: