Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom Rider V2 Europe Map update failures
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom Rider V2 Europe Map update failures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul6068
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom Rider V2 Europe Map update failures Reply with quote

I own a Tom tom Rider V2 Europe device and downloaded both the latest updates for the device and tom tom home (as of today 08/05/09).

I have two problems one which tom tom support have told me is ‘Known issue’ in that I can not operate my device via home (Reports an error of ‘No Maps found’) Crying or Very sad

The second and more frustration problem is when I try to update my maps to the latest version (home kindly alerts me that my maps are four quarters out of date and I can update to the latest map and for a further £31 ish pounds keep them up to date for a further year) I manage to go all the through to the check out when I receive the following error, ‘Map certification validation failed’.

I have two thoughts on the matter – according to the tom tom website I did not need to activate my map as it is done automatically after Ver 7.xxx. My map version is 715.1703 – has this failed and see’s my SD card as a fake?

Do I need a larger card to carry out the update as I only have 144MB free space left or will the update delete old files before updating the new ones.

Just to give you an idea of the questions that I have already answered when trying to resolve this with Jade a tom tom tech which might help (so far I am on the ninth correspondence with the techs but I am unsure on their ability as today I was asked what map I was trying to update even though it is mentioned eight times in the string of emails between us!!! and to stop confusion it’s the Western_Europe one – Sorry Jade but it’s true).

I have owned the device from new and it is the original SD card that came with the package.

My computer is not the route of the problem as I have already installed similar maps on my 920t without problem.

I can download install Map share corrections for my rider.

My device operates fine on my bike.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Paul, have both your TomTom devices been registered with TomTom using DIFFERENT e-mail addresses?

If you have used the same e-mail address for the rider and the 920 then the TomTom system will not work correctly, this could possibly be the root cause of your problems as it often affects map downloads/ activations - Mike
paul6068
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I initially registered my rider I used the same account as the 920 but after the prompts when logging in to home I change the rider to a separate account.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double check that TomTom also have details for both devices as the fault you describle is typical of wrong account details, give them a ring in the morning on 0845 161 0009 - Mike
paul6068
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice Mike managed to sort the issue out but only with the help of tomtom.

The issue seemed to be is when I first registered my Rider I used the same account as my tt920, although it asked if I wanted to replace my tt920 with my Rider and I agreed to the change this caused an issue.

When I connected the Rider and accessed the internet for the first time to take advantage of the 30 days after purchase Latest Map Guaranty all I ever received was a message similar to “The server has timed out”, also I could not operate my device via home. TT support could not answer the reason why this has occurred but by tt assigning a map to my home account with a new email address I was able to reload the latest application on to my rider using home version 1.5 (updated to 1.6 via the internet) then, reformat my SD card and finally down load the maps assigned to my account and hey presto everything works as intended.

I think the moral of my story is, after many emails to and fro’ing from tt support I got to the point were tt started to ask pointless questions/ questions already answered in the string of emails between us (maybe in an attempt to wear me down!). The next step was to search the forum for similar problems / help and lastly as you kindly suggested call tt support but be prepared for a fight as they will try and wriggle out of form of culpability.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: