Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom release v8.350 for GO x20, GO x30 and GO x40
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom release v8.350 for GO x20, GO x30 and GO x40
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waynesters wrote:
just updated my 940 unit, and now it wont pick up ANY Satellites!

Reset the device by holding down the power button until it re-boots with a drum roll then try it again outside of the house - Mike
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wigfield wrote:
Just checked and tested on my 720 I have:

Kate, Jane, Tim, Kathy, Sean

Is that all i should have?

Sounds about right to me if thats all you have ever installed to the device, additional voices are added via TT Home as and when you find you need them. Assuming the ones you have installed are all working you have nothing to wory about - Mike
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changes I've observed not noted here:

On Browse Map--Options--the screen(s) are different. There is now an 'Advanced' button. Also (short-term memory here) did it offer to show lat/long before? Does now.

Also, in Navigate to -- poi category, it used to show all custom ov2 categories at the top and then you scrolled down to the built in.

Now, the custom are merged (alpha) with the built in.
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
253 wrote:
Just updated my 720, and it's broke. Well, it's more ill than it was before.

Was posting on another thread, I appeared to be one of the few Mac users who could use 'Operate my device' in Home.
Well, I appear to have joined the masses as this does not now work after latest 'update', or should that be downgrade.

That's not a problem with the software itself, just that Home needs a new .dll support file to be able to run "opretae my device" under the new software. The file has already been written for this software version, so I would expect it to be made available for download by Home pretty quickly.

Cheers for the info Andy. Hope you are right, but why isn't included in the update? Surely TT know by now it's required.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

253 wrote:

Cheers for the info Andy. Hope you are right, but why isn't included in the update? Surely TT know by now it's required.

I guess it is a different department at TT who write it (PC software not Device software).
Someone in another post is saying it is already available now.
Alabama978
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Broke golden rule Reply with quote

My golden rule is one update at a time, however home lulled me into a false sense of security.

I had installed a new map today and during this the Home advised me there was a new Navcore so I thought why not!

This was my first attempt at upgrading maps and I proceded to follow the advice on TT web site on copying back my MapSettings.cfg file. On reboot the 720 went into a reboot loop. Reset did not make any difference and on restoring the "new" cfg file that came with the map all was well again.

I am assuming that the new Navcore does not like the old cfg file?

I'm new to this so any advice would be good as I have alot of favourites including new cameras in the old cfg file.

If I can't get them back so be it but it would be nice if I could.
Waynesters
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, after updating to the new version, it now takes about 15-20 minutes to find a satellite, before i updated it, it would take no time at all...
what's happened?
it would also find satellites inside my house after about 5 seconds, now it dont
TomTom 940
www.bongiovi.co.uk
www.facebook.com/bongiovitributeband
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Matt865
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bear wrote:
Having updated to ver 8.350 on my Go 540 Live I no longer have a list of telephone number to dial even though the TomTom says phone book download complete. My mobile is a Blackberry Storm 9500. All this worked fine on the previous version.

Any ideas?

I suppose you could try deleting the :\contacts folder on your TT in Windows Explorer and try the process again.

edit: @Waynesters - the new navcore installation may have deleted the last QuickGPSFix data, or the TT may have 'forgotten' where it was last turned off. It would therefore need to find the fix again. Mine did exactly the same thing first time, but now it is running as normal.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waynesters wrote:
okay, after updating to the new version, it now takes about 15-20 minutes to find a satellite, before i updated it, it would take no time at all...

As per my previous reply have you tried resetting the device? - Mike
Waynesters
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Mike, have reset it 3 times by pressing the button down and also reset it from main menu, it just wont find any satellites
TomTom 940
www.bongiovi.co.uk
www.facebook.com/bongiovitributeband
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
iwaddo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 930 - sound mutes when battery low Reply with quote

NickG wrote:
Hi,
I've noticed that on my new 930, that the sound mutes if the battery level drops below about 40%. Can other users of the 930 series please confirm whether or not this happens on their device? It only happens when a computer (Text to Speech) voice is selected and NOT when a basic pre-recorded voice is selected so I think this would only affect x30 models which support Text to Speech. I am also keen to see if this software update fixes the problem. This problem is reproducable in DEMO mode.
Nick.

I had this problem, just thought Kate had got bored. Had not related it to the battery but now you mention it I was running on battery and it was running low. Ian
gareth71
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. I should've known better than to accept an upgrade on the day it's released Sad.

My Go720 seemed to take the update OK - it didn't reset by itself when TT Home said it was going to, I had to help it along, but then it rebooted and reported v8.350 running OK. No problem selecting voices, and it established a satellite fix within a couple of minutes.

But now, every time I drop it into the cradle, and tap 'Yes' when it asks if it should connect to the computer, it just switches itself off and does nothing. Only a 'paperclip up the ar$e for a few seconds' sort of reset will then bring it back to life.

So I can't even restore the backup that I took just before doing the update, coz the blasted thing won't talk to the PC Mad .

What to do???

Edit to add : Hmm. If I paperclip-reset the unit, then drop it into the cradle before turning it on, it seems to connect OK (without first asking me whether it should). But then if I disconnect the device from TT Home, allow it to restart without removing it from the cradle, wait for it to ask whether it should connect to the PC and then click 'yes', it goes straight back to sleep - paperclip time again Mad Mad Mad .
Steveee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update worked well on my GO920. I then disconnected and reconnected to TT Home and after clicking on Operate my GO it downloaded the .dll and everything worked, i.e. I could plan routes from TT Home Very Happy .
GO 920 (retired)
Garmin Oregon 550T
Garmin Drivesmart
gareth71
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest developments ...

Well, I've copied my backup of v8.302 back onto the device, and rebooted ... the problem remains. Even having rolled back to the previously working version, now I can only connect to the computer immediately following a hard reset. Any other attempts result in the device going to sleep and requiring another hard reset to bring it back to life.

I've also noticed that sometimes the device won't wake up again until I've been through the holding-down-the-reset-button-for-a-few-seconds routine three or four times - other times it'll restart after one try. Also, sometimes I get the little 'drums' jingle as it starts up with the Tomtom logo screen, sometimes I don't.

Has an attempt at installing v8.350 irretrievably knackered my 720? Evil or Very Mad
yeramihi
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, first time on the forum.

After installing this update, I've downgraded 10 min. later. As a TV engineer, I have customers all over the Essex, and I use itinerary function to build my route evening before. And as we all know you have some addresses without building number here in the UK. Now is the tricky part:

When you fill in itinerary, add new position by postcode, you'll find the street, choose it and new soft will pre-enter building number for you (lowest possible, most of the time will be 1). When you'll delete it and try to add street only it won't let you!

Try it by yourself on this address:

building: Springfield Court,
Street: Corbets Tey Road
Town: Upminster.
Postcode: RM14 2AG

Old soft will guide you with no problems, this one will NOT.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 3 of 39

Jump to: