Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom release v8.350 for GO x20, GO x30 and GO x40
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom release v8.350 for GO x20, GO x30 and GO x40
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off to update mine now - have a trip tomorrow so will be able to give the Bluetooth audio and the stuttering voice issue a good test.
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bear wrote:
Having updated to ver 8.350 on my Go 540 Live I no longer have a list of telephone number to dial even though the TomTom says phone book download complete. My mobile is a Blackberry Storm 9500. All this worked fine on the previous version.

Any ideas?

A user in the US forum experienced the same thing. He reset his unit twice and the contacts were 'seen' again by the unit.
bear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bear wrote:
Having updated to ver 8.350 on my Go 540 Live I no longer have a list of telephone number to dial even though the TomTom says phone book download complete. My mobile is a Blackberry Storm 9500. All this worked fine on the previous version.

Any ideas?

I did a another off/on on the Go 540 Live (about 3 time actually !!) and got my phone directory back. All very strange.!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richard345 wrote:
Andy_P wrote:
Can anyone confirm the build number that is being offered (the xxxx bit of v835.xxxx)?

Andy, I have App 8.350 (9980/090427) OS:310.60

Hope this helps. I'll be updating my sig, if I can get Kate working again!

Thanks Richard!
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
richard345 wrote:
Hope this helps. I'll be updating my sig, if I can get Kate working again!

Re-connect the device to ome and see if there are any updates for the device, as has already been reported above seem to need updating which should be an automatic process, if you don't get the updated voice files post back and we might be able to offer an alternate way to get the files required - Mike

Mike, I have reconnected and Home still says that Kate & Simon will not work on my device. Having done a pin reset on the 520 and a reboot of my laptop, the same thing happens when I connect again.

As far as I can tell, the voices, which are version 710, are still working, so apart from the pain of being offered updates by Home that I can't use, it's no big deal.
wigfield
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did connect to home again but this time i wasn't offered kate,I did get the quick-fix update,Strange why it said i couldn't have kate.

But its not a problem because i still have all the voices Smile
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just updated my 720, and it's broke. Well, it's more ill than it was before.

Was posting on another thread, I appeared to be one of the few Mac users who could use 'Operate my device' in Home.
Well, I appear to have joined the masses as this does not now work after latest 'update', or should that be downgrade.

Mind you, I now have a shadow underneath my icon, which I didn't have before as far as I can remember.

Not going to start a rant, suppose I should be grateful that TT actually boots up when I press the power button.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

253 wrote:
Just updated my 720, and it's broke. Well, it's more ill than it was before.

Was posting on another thread, I appeared to be one of the few Mac users who could use 'Operate my device' in Home.
Well, I appear to have joined the masses as this does not now work after latest 'update', or should that be downgrade.

That's not a problem with the software itself, just that Home needs a new .dll support file to be able to run "opretae my device" under the new software. The file has already been written for this software version, so I would expect it to be made available for download by Home pretty quickly.
lesbsmith
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received the updated navcore tonight for my Go720 and it seemed to go very smoothly other than it said it needed to update Kate to v710 but would not allow me to do so. I have Kate v700 installed as a fix for the stutter problem. Kate v700 reports it will not work but still does. Do I need to download v710 from elsewhere to remove the error or just live with it?
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richard345 wrote:
As far as I can tell, the voices, which are version 710, are still working, so apart from the pain of being offered updates by Home that I can't use, it's no big deal.

Odd, when I looked at the version that Home was trying to offer, the version was 710. That is what was on the device before the update.

Now the version on the 520 is 690, so the update has changed that.

Just copied the 710 files from the backup I took before upgrading and will try that.

Hmm. Still saying that version 710 is available, but is not compatible. Now resetting the 520.

Restarted and connected to the pc and started Home. It said that an Application Update was required and then started looking for updates. Kate and Simon version 710 cannot be used on your device,

Strange, they are there on the 520 and Kate is selected. Disconnected and ran a demo route and Kate works just fine.

Operate my Go does not work either, but I assume this is the usual issue and a new .dll will be made available in due course.
Operate
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an additional issue, Backup and Reatore with Home no longer works either. Not that I relied on it of course Razz
robbooth
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, new live services icon on the 940!
Waynesters
Regular Visitor

just updated my 940 unit, and now it wont pick up ANY Satellites!
it`s been on 15 minutes! it used to pick them up within 10 seconds!
for gods sake!! Aaarrgghhhhhhhhhhhhh
TomTom 940
www.bongiovi.co.uk
www.facebook.com/bongiovitributeband
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wigfield
Regular Visitor

Just checked and tested on my 720

I have:

Kate English Uk,Computer

Jane English Uk

Tim English Uk

Kathy English Irish

Sean English Irish

Is that all i should have?
HappyTrucker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richard345 wrote:
Operate my Go does not work either, but I assume this is the usual issue and a new .dll will be made available in due course.
Operate

Do they normally stagger the release of that dll? Only reason I ask is that after updating mine (just now) it initially said that 'operate my go' is not supported but when I disconnected and reconnected to Home it just said a new file was needed, downloaded it and away it went.

So, is it possible this dll is being released on newer models first?

740 here.

It does however appear to have killed my Tripmaster installation. Will look through the forum at previous fixes for this sort of thing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 2 of 39

Jump to: