Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Channel 5s Iconic Gadget Show Goes live in Birmingham
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Channel 5s Iconic Gadget Show Goes live in Birmingham

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Shows & Related Technology Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Channel 5s Iconic Gadget Show Goes live in Birmingham Reply with quote

If you are into technology or gadgets then one of the iconic TV shows that you will be watching will be the Gadget Show on Channel 5.

This year Suzi, Jason, Jon and Otis will be taking the show live to the public at the NEC in Birmingham from April 17-19 2009. The show which was sold out weeks ago features 3 live presentations each day, plus many how-to and demo theatres.

This is all backed by an exhibition with the A-Y (no company Z...) of Gadget Companies will be touting their latest and greatest wares. On the GPS side of things Garmin and TomTom will be there with sales available from The SatNav Warehouse.

Mike Alder and MikeB will be there representing PocketGPSWorld.com so if you see us say Hi...

Click here for the blog of the event.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

should be good - shame my dutch friend is getting married tomorrow else i'd have been there like a shot!

MaFt
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope Suzi is now well again. Have missed her on the show.

Quote:
A few weeks ago Suzi was rushed into hospital for lifesaving surgery. She had suffered a ruptured ectopic pregnancy and was bleeding internally. At hospital she collapsed as she had lost 4 pints of blood and was very poorly. Sadly she lost the baby and the traumatic experience saw her spend 5 days in hospital and several weeks in recovery. She is still not strong enough to return to work and her hectic filming schedule, but hopes to be back as soon as she is well.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she is OK again. She will be at the Gadget Show Live so lets hope she doesnt overdo it...
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Yes this is looking like it will be a very good show, struggled to get hold of tickets but I was lucky, so I'll be there on Saturday...

Rolling Eyes If anyone has a spare child ticket or knows someone who has one, I'd really like the opportunity to buy it ! ! !
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeB wrote:
I think she is OK again. She will be at the Gadget Show Live so lets hope she doesnt overdo it...

Just had confirmation from Suzi, she has been in rehearsals all day and things have gone well. She has been away from the Gadget Show for 8 weeks, but will be back on our screens again soon. The show runs 6-8 weeks behind recording.
Nolongerlost
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just returned from a great day at The Gadget Show LIVE on Friday...

We went to the very first Super Theatre presentation at 11.00 and were v.pleased to see Suzi was back - and looking very well!!! She said how good it was to be back and confirmed she'd be back on our screens in about 5 weeks... Very Happy

The Super Theatre presentation was superb, with all the usual GS activities worked in...a really cool hour, I think everyone there would agree...
Maps: Western_Europe v905.4754
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep Suzi was in good form, she even waved to me today... I waved back (so did the rest of the audience) then all of a sudden we were playing Keepie Uppie and of course Suzi's team won. (2pm show)
maddoguk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed the Theatre presentation, but was a touch underwhelmed by the overall show. A sign of the times maybe.
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great show, I really thought the Blast from the past was good, bought back many happy memories... Binatone console, ZX81.....

The other product I thought was interesting and needs further investigation was the Tiso Pay as You Go vehicle tracking, this maybe and ideal solution for caravan tracking.

Laughing Finally how did they make a 1 hour live show about gadgets so much fun, even my wife & 7 year older daughter loved it. As a result I have royal approval to go next years show and they both want to come ! ! !

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Shows & Related Technology Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: