Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New firmware v1.323 released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New firmware v1.323 released
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lucevans
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: New firmware v1.323 released Reply with quote

On the Satmap website this evening - Firmware v1.323
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WARNING: Don't click on the icon you will get version 1.3. If you click on the word "Download" you will get the new version 1.323.
ElCapitan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Satmap's FAQ page:

I notice the Active 10 Plus is running V1.323 and my Active 10 is running V1.3, what’s the difference?

The only important difference to V1.323 is it supports the World Base Map and you can search by postcode. There are no performance or feature differences between the two versions.

Regards,
Tim
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notified Satmap last night about the above problem. Unfortunately now both links point to the old file so you can no longer download version 1.323 though it is still billed as available on the software page. Rolling Eyes
bob1988
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to work for me. They must have changed it.

Quote:
Zoom Floor lowered from 1:1,000 to 1:500 for improved viewing of aerial photography products when released.

Seems interesting.
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct bob1988 everything is fine now.
johno99
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I'm confused! Do I download V 1.323 or not?

Seems an improvement according to the software pag.

John
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johno99 wrote:
Hi

I'm confused! Do I download V 1.323 or not?

Seems an improvement according to the software pag.

John
I downloaded it last night and it seems to have overcome a few outstanding bugs and is, it could be my imagination, a little more slick in operation. I'm not sure I like the idea of trails being saved to card, but as it says it does free up memory.

The disappearing links was only a glitch on Satmaps part when they updated the site.
johno99
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks jonesbach

Do you get the option to save to the sd card or the unit, I'm assuming not. One reason I'm asking is my SD in the unit is a site centred card supplied by satmap and 94% of it used up leaving free space of 26.525 bytes and if I dont get the option then I'm worried I will fill the card up! I would normally in these circumstances just copy the lot to a larger card, I have plenty of them, but as we know we cant copy to another card.

John
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johno99 wrote:
....Do you get the option to save to the sd card or the unit....

No, not as far as I am aware. One option would be to set the write protection on the card. I've just tried it and it then saves to memory. The only problem is that it also says it has the same file written to the card which should not be possible. Satsync denies the file is on the card which is what I would expect. It will bear further investigation.
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonesbach wrote:
....The only problem is that it also says it has the same file written to the card which should not be possible....

The phantom files delete OK but you have to use the Satmap, Satsync can't see them. I am unsure whether they are truly phantom or being held for saving when the card is available. I'm not going to push my luck that far.

I think you will be able to use it but expect the memory to get cluttered and delete the files on a regular basis. It would do no harm to ask Satmaps opinion, if nothing else it would alert them to the issue.
johno99
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just tried downloading someone elses route from route share (by the way excellent and getting added to all the time) it only reduced my free space on the card from 26.525 to 26.509 M bytes. One of the emails I got from Satmap says that satsync somehow 'reduces' probably wrong word, the file down.
Quote: It is very important that you import and export the route through satsync as this will reduce the file size.

So even with only a small amount of space avaliable on the card it would save a lot of routes!
lucevans
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonesbach wrote:
I'm not sure I like the idea of trails being saved to card, but as it says it does free up memory.

I'm getting confused now...

Is it "Trails" (the breadcrumb trail that records where you have been as you move around) or "Routes" (The point-to-point directions that the user creates before travelling to follow when out and about) that are now saved by default to the SD card? Eeesh, my head hurts...
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucevans
Quote:
....is it "Trails" (the breadcrumb trail that records where you have been as you move around) or "Routes" (The point-to-point directions that the user creates before travelling to follow when out and about)....
Join the club, I'm rather confused myself. As you know when you convert trail to track .map and .gpx are created these are both saved to the card.

johno99
Quote:
...it only reduced my free space on the card from 26.525 to 26.509 M bytes....
The files saved to the card are larger than route files, the .gpx can be around 1.5MB. However, so long as you are not going to make a habit of storing these files on the card you should still end up with a spare 25MB.
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I note that the "phantom" route recorded on a write protected map card vanishes after the A10 is switched off.

Given the Satmap have chosen to save all files by default to card with apparently no user option other then protecting the card then it makes me wonder what is seen as the maximum amount of files that we can safely be kept on the A10 itself. I have seen comments that there is plenty of space. I can also remember that on earlier versions of the software it started to play up if you had too many routes saved. However since version 1.3 I thought this was not supposed to be an issue.

Has anyone any facts that can be shared to give us a better view on this issue?
Satsync 1.525

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: