Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
If TomTom have decided to log device crashes and the root cause of a device crash then this is for the good of all users, lets face it any device generated feedback is going to be accurate as to the cause of the problem, a little trend analysis should soon show up issues across a wide user base.
If this leads to more stable software/ better performance from the device and is transparent to the user what’s the problem? - Mike

No problem Mike, it is just the first time I have seen this. I made the assumption that this would be present in beta releases for debug purposes, then turned off for public releases. A public release with debug capture would indicate to me that TT are still expecting it to crash!!

Anyway, been on a good drive to Blackpool and back today with USB RDS-TMC, streaming BT audio, BT handsfree and BT remote control. I got lots of repeated words like others have (follow follow, in 300 yards yards etc). When this happened there was a brief interruption to the BT audio and the display seemed to 'freeze' briefly. By the time I got home the TT was definitely lagging behind my position on the road, I was sat at a junction and the TT still had me about 10 yards down the road approaching the junction travelling at 30mph still! And connecting the BT remote causes all kinds of mayhem and stuttering for a few seconds.

8.302 is an improvement as it is at least useable, but is very far from perfect and still not acceptable IMHO. Somehow, I think this is the best it is going to get for us x20 users.

Anyone want to buy a 920 with the latest maps and Navcore Laughing Out Loud!

Andy
rinkrat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone please able to advise.

I have a 720 which suffered the lock up on voice when using with bluetooth. To stop this I decided to try and restore to a early back up I had. All was ok but when I was using the 720 my RDS TMc was not recognised by the 720, no start up message when plugged in and no menu on right of screen. This was fine before downgrade. It was suggested I update to the lastest firmware again. I am now running 8.300, GPS v1.2, Boot 5.5015, WE Map v7.10.1361.

The RDS TMC was recognised the first time I plugged it in on these settings, but has now ceased to work again. No RDS - TMC on start up, no menu bar.

8.302 is now available in home but I have not updated yet ! I just want to get my RDS-TMC working again please.

Any advise would be much appreciated guys.

Thanks Sad
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put 8.302 on - it is much more stable than 8.300

After you have done that reset the device with a biro/paperclip in the small hole underneath.

Which TMC receiver are you using - the USB or the egg shaped one?

Andy
rinkrat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy will try the upgrade & reset. The RDS - TMC is the usb one !
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rinkrat wrote:
Thanks Andy will try the upgrade & reset. The RDS - TMC is the usb one !

My 920 is a bit flakey on detecting the USB receiver depending on if the unit is powered down with the USB receiver still powered or not.

I have found that the most reliable method appears to be to remove power, the unit detects the TMC is disconnected and then power off.

The occasional reset is needed though!

Andy
Passionpantz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone heard from TOMTOm yet about this problem, im still waiting after 2 months and numerous emails Mad
grizgut
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Still needs to be fixed Reply with quote

I did a long journey to Portsmouth at the weekend and the 720 started stuttering very badly after an hour or so. No other functions were being used, it was fully charged and plugged into the car charger.

When, if ever, is this problem going to be fixed?!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@grizgut, what software version have you got installed to the device, tap the sat strength meter to find this out, if its not 8,302 you need to update the device, the 8,302 release seems much better WRT stuttering - Mike
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

I have done some serious mileage over the last couple of weeks and my stuttering has returned, although nowhere near as bad as before. It is more like missing the occasional word and instructions seeming to be a bit late sometimes.

The only difference in my setup is streaming directions to the iO Play. I am using the 920 with the USB RDS-TMC, no phone is paired to the TT and the handsfree and wireless data are disabled. I am not using the remote control and I am not streaming BT audio from the TT. The lag/stutter also occurs on internal speaker.

I have run clearflash and no noticeable improvement, I think it is time for a reload (again Mad ).

Lets hope for a new Navcore sometime soon ......

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49
Page 49 of 49

Jump to: