Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Brand New TT 930 GO keeps freezing and crashing
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Brand New TT 930 GO keeps freezing and crashing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hotbaws
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Brand New TT 930 GO keeps freezing and crashing Reply with quote

Hi All,

First timer here..

I received my TT 930 GO this morning and I've not been able to get it working at all!

I had Home installed on my PC from my 730 GO so I added my new 930 and did the updates.

The first issue was when it discovered new maps available for the device and started downloading them but I didn't have my 8Gb card in the TT so I had to Abort the download as it was 2Gb worth.

Now when I power the TT up it loads fine and comes up with my home address I programmed in via Home SW in the first instance but then when I tap the screen it just freezes then after 20 seconds or so reboots the device. It will not do anything else.

I downloaded the TT Clear Flash program and have run that several times without any success so I'm stuck now with what to do....

It seems to be corrupt somehow and I don't know how to fix it...any one now what I can do

Thanks in Advance
Gary
hoppipolla
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everything you just said above, i'm experiencing.
i got mine this morning too and after downloading the new maps and the likes, it just crashes when you tap for the menu.

so don't feel like you're alone on this!
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you both tried the reset button on the underneath of the device?

iPhone 12
hotbaws
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just in the middle of trying this from the TomTom support site... to delete the application and reinstall then run the clear flash again

Last edited by hotbaws on Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
hotbaws
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

falkirk81 wrote:
Have you both tried the reset button on the underneath of the device?

Yes quite a few times actually
hoppipolla
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yepp. pressed it a number of times. i can't even backup. heh.
hoppipolla
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hotbaws wrote:
I'm just in the middle of trying this from the TomTom support site... to delete the application and reinstall then run the clear flash again

i'm giving this a go too, but i'm backing up just in case.
let me know how it goes!
i hope we haven't got ones from a dodgy batch :\
hotbaws
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just off the phone with TomTom Tech Support and the guy said it doesn't sound good and that they may have to replace the unit as it sounds corrupt but he's sending me an email with instructions on how to default and restore the unit first.

I'll post up the details when I get the email.
hotbaws
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoppipolla wrote:
hotbaws wrote:

i'm giving this a go too, but i'm backing up just in case.
let me know how it goes!
i hope we haven't got ones from a dodgy batch :\

PM me your email address and I'll send you the instructions, they didn't work for me though..
LT
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just had the same problem. I've had my Go 730 for quite a while but have just downloaded the latest software today V8.302 and now it keeps crashing when I try to navigate somewhere...

Extremely frustrating. Tried everything as outlined above!
hotbaws
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LT wrote:
I've just had the same problem. I've had my Go 730 for quite a while but have just downloaded the latest software today V8.302 and now it keeps crashing when I try to navigate somewhere...

Extremely frustrating. Tried everything as outlined above!

I finally got it fixed by copying the files from my HD and downloading the new maps onto an SD card and then reinstalling all so I actually had a set of Euro maps on the internal Hd and a set on the SD card which i then delated and used the ones on the SC card
LT
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have an SD Card. There isn't one in the device, just a piece of plastic. Never needed one!
Rickj2903
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I have now had three units from TT because of a very similar fault. However my fault has appeared to be because of "Traffic". I used to access "traffic and cameras" through my mobile phone (wireless data connection) and never had any issues. TT then sent me an updated map and thats where my issues started. The short version is that I could use the unit without "Traffic" enabled and it would direct me to my destination with no concerns. If I tried to use the unit with Traffic enabled the unit would switch on, set the route, update Traffic info and at that point it would freeze/reboot itself and I would then have to re input the destination and it would work fine for the rest of the journey, I even changed my company phone twice. I now use an aerial for Traffic with my unit, which is a pain to have to keep plugging in/unplugging every time I use it, but most of the time the unit works fine. Although this morning it decided to "hang" when switched on. It has taken me 4 and 1/2 months to get to this point and I still can't use my phone for Traffic updates. Good luck with sorting your problem and I seriously hope TT start to find solutions to their "known issues" because I still believe they have the best kit on the market, but all of these faults are starting to add up and undermine what is otherwise an excellent product.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rickj2903 wrote:
Guys, I have now had three units from TT because of a very similar fault. However my fault has appeared to be because of "Traffic". I used to access "traffic and cameras" through my mobile phone (wireless data connection) and never had any issues. TT then sent me an updated map and thats where my issues started. The short version is that I could use the unit without "Traffic" enabled and it would direct me to my destination with no concerns. If I tried to use the unit with Traffic enabled the unit would switch on, set the route, update Traffic info and at that point it would freeze/reboot itself and I would then have to re input the destination and it would work fine for the rest of the journey, I even changed my company phone twice. I now use an aerial for Traffic with my unit, which is a pain to have to keep plugging in/unplugging every time I use it, but most of the time the unit works fine. Although this morning it decided to "hang" when switched on. It has taken me 4 and 1/2 months to get to this point and I still can't use my phone for Traffic updates. Good luck with sorting your problem and I seriously hope TT start to find solutions to their "known issues" because I still believe they have the best kit on the market, but all of these faults are starting to add up and undermine what is otherwise an excellent product.

Very similar to using a phone for handsfree - reboots all the time, loss of audio etc. This has been a known issue since the launch of the x20 for some of us with various brands of phone - some people never experience this though. Go figure.

Andy
Rickj2903
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought that i would give an up date on my problems, having received a replacement 920 approximately one month ago and using the aerial instead of connecting to Traffic via my phone, the unit has in the last couple of days started to show the same symptoms as the previous units. That is that on start up and whilst updating the Traffic information the unit has now twice in two days frozen and rebooted itself. Once the unit has rebooted itself it runs perfectly. Is anyone else experiencing these problems and can anyone make any suggestions? i am getting to the end of my patience with TT. Is it too much to ask that the thing does what it should without having to keep asking TT support for advice?

Rickj Evil or Very Mad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: