Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navevo launch SatNav for HGV / Van Drivers
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navevo launch SatNav for HGV / Van Drivers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ProNav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: ProNav Reply with quote

Thank you for all your feedback. We have actually contacted a number of forum members directly through the ‘PM’ service to request more information about the problems they say they have experienced. However we were a bit disappointed that despite the strong views they expressed on the forum, that given the opportunity to speak directly to us, they did not respond. Since then we have continued to keep an eye on the forum in terms of feedback but more importantly, we have been working hard directly with customers to resolve any problems. We would like to think that anybody who has contacted us directly has been dealt with in a prompt and professional manner and that we have tried our best to address any problems they have.

For information, we are working on a new release of the ProNav software in the very near future, which of course we will make available to all our existing customers free of charge. We will inform when this available and once again we would welcome any direct feedback that you have via support@navevo.com.

With regards

Navevo Support
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on a review unit? It's been some time since we were promised one?
ajmnj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Pronav Reply with quote

After having a navman ICN510 for a year I gave up on it (Only thing it new was just about every lane in the country) I bought a Pronav off ebay
what a brill piece of kit. Although I had software problems in the begining I have the answer, copy the software on the sd card to another good card My pronav worked perfect not a lane in sight (except when you had to ) I only wish I could put the safety cameras from GPS World on the unit
AJ Very Happy Very Happy
mightymart
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any more news ? they seem to be cheap on ebay , or its that for a reason Confused
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mightymart wrote:
Any more news ? they seem to be cheap on ebay , or its that for a reason Confused

Nothing as yet, I've gotten fed up of chasing,
scrappydez
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Pronav - Good or Bad Reply with quote

Just been reading this thread and there are some mixed reviews. I own a Pronav and i dont know whether to love or hate it.
Yes it gets me from place to place but every time i go to london the GPS signal gets lost in the tall buildings (I think this is commom with GPS), then it can take a while to re-establish a lock. Also if a road junction has been made better and you go of the map (even slightly) it can take a while to re-calculate the route.
And if your off road it wont calculate your trip until your back on the road network, rarely are back alleys or service area's on the map. Just a grey area but this is where the back door is and where you want to go.

Dont get me wrong I'd be well lost without it and its better than looking at a map but there are some software issues and the map updates are few and far between. Updated junction's I've come across that are not on the maps are the new A4146 Leighton buzzard bypass and the roundabout at magna park A421 to name a few.

The overall look of the unit is very good and it's slimline but the map graphics are a bit blocky looking (but you should be looking at the road anyway). You dont get a charger either only a USB lead for connection to your PC. This will allow you to charge the unit but the voltage will vary and could damage the unit. The battery doesn't last that long either. Get a mini USB charger from maplin.

Talking of maplin why have they dropped the product from there website, I dont wont to speculate on it.

Tips for owning a Pronav.
Turn POI off - Showing this on the map is just confusing, maybe just show loading bays or pips.
Route wont calculate - The route has calculated but your not on the road network or the postcode is new. Touch the screen-Touch stopdrive-Touch view map- Find the flag. This is your destination.

If your a trucker (like me) and you like what you have read about it and you dont wont to read maps anymore then get one.

I hope you have enjoyed this review and it's been informative and if anyone finds out how to set up the bluetooth or know what phone's are compatable give me a shout.

PS The pronav member that made a comment, I've just wrote to support so please get back in touch ASAP.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Pronav - Good or Bad Reply with quote

scrappydez wrote:
Just been reading this thread and there are some mixed reviews. I own a Pronav and i dont know whether to love or hate it.
Yes it gets me from place to place but every time i go to london the GPS signal gets lost in the tall buildings (I think this is commom with GPS)

Not with the current GPS chip sets it isn't.

I fear there is more to this than meets the eye. A very luke warm reception, many issues and promises of review units made and broken on many occasions and now Maplin dropping the product

Doesn't bode well does it?
scrappydez
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said in the above post I contacted support at navteq this is there response. I asked some questions.

I have a few questions of concern about my pronav that I would like answered.

When is the next map and postcode update available. I have update 1.2.
I've been down a lot of newly built roads but over a year old why are they not on the maps.
After buying a pronav from Maplin I've noticed that they no longer stock them, How do this affect me and my warrantee.

Sincerely

They replied

Maplins will warrant the device and ProNav will be in there stores from mid November.

New updates on Hazmat data will be available from December.

Mapping data is updated twice a year and this is not down to us but to Navteq who release data twice a year based on their surveyed work across the country.

We know that ProNav will have by the end of q1 80% coverage and we will be giving all our customers free updates all next year approx 4 releases next year.

So please bear with us we are on it and have fellow HGV drivers testing all the data at the moment.

Kind regards

Support Team

Last edited by scrappydez on Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scrappydez wrote:
As I said in the above post I contacted support at navteq this is there response.

Navteq? What doers it have to do with them?
Quote:
Maplins will warrant the device and ProNav will be in there stores from mid November.

It has been in there stores for some months already!
Quote:

Mapping data is updated twice a year and this is not down to us but to Navteq who release data twice a year based on their surveyed work across the country.

We know that ProNav will have by the end of q1 80% coverage and we will be giving all our customers free updates all next year approx 4 releases next year.

80% coverage of what?
Quote:
So please bear with us we are on it and have fellow HGV drivers testing all the data at the moment.

Kind regards

Support Team

Sorry but so far Navevo have done nothing but break promises. I'll be happy to be proved wrong but at the moment it seems they do not want their devices reviewed.

Why is any ones guess.
scrappydez
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
scrappydez wrote:
As I said in the above post I contacted support at navteq this is there response.

Navteq? What doers it have to do with them?

Thats the email address at the pronav website.

Quote:
Quote:

It has been in there stores for some months already!

Its been pulled.

Quote:
Quote:

80% coverage of what?

Hopefully service yards.

Quote:
Quote:

Kind regards

Support Team

Sorry but so far Navevo have done nothing but break promises. I'll be happy to be proved wrong but at the moment it seems they do not want their devices reviewed.

Why is any ones guess.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had clarification on the position as it stands at the moment and I'm delighted to report it's positive. Navevo have been victims of their own success and ran out of stock of the Pronav units.

New supply is expected shortly and a new update as well (which will be made available to all existing customers). One thing that was mentioned was anyone who has any specific issues can contact Navevo direct and they are encouraged to do so.

Nice to have some good news given the issues others are having (especially as Navevo are a UK company) and we have been promised a review unit as soon as the new stock arrives.
skineater
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all I’ve just got a Pronav from eBay and so far so good, yes its not a garmin or tom-tom but ive have tried some routes and all good so far, but one big issue im having is I can not get it to sync with my PC no matter how many different things I have tried from all the info available on Pronat website and Microsoft’s. Has anyone else had this prob and have they sorted it. One thing I have discovered is you can update the software by putting the SD card in you pc and not using active sync but you cannot update the cameras with out connecting via active sync. Any help would be appreciated.
Thx
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: ProNav Reply with quote

We now have a review unit which our resident trucker Alex is now road-testing in earnest.

A review will be forthcoming in a few weeks.

On another note I ought to mention that users Clarkmeister, big_phil and shaunieF have been banned.

It was discovered that the various ID's were all posting from the same IP address, were all pro Snooper and all anti anything else. Nefarious tactics such as that are not welcome in these forums.
mightymart
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we any further forward with regards to the review ?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex has been using it in earnest, I'll let him post his opinions but they aren't exactly glowing.

Issues with routing and speed are the biggest problems, I'm awaiting return of the unit so I can write up the review next week,

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: