Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Installing Cam Database onto TChart Speed Sentry
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing Cam Database onto TChart Speed Sentry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Installing Cam Database onto TChart Speed Sentry Reply with quote

To start with download the Speed Camera database in the "Other CSV" format using the "UK single file with all cameras".

In the download are seven files, you only need the "pocketgps_uk_sc.csv" file for this.

Copy/ paste the speed camera file on to your PDA's memory card, the location isn't important as long as you remember where you put the file - I use a folder named "TCHART" on the memory card.

Start the application and go to Menu/ SetUp/ Options

Make sure "Warning Sound Enabled" is checked.

This dropdown selection box allows you to set the sounds the application uses, these are nothing to do with the speed camera warnings, but if you want to alter the sounds used within the application you can do it by altering these values.

Next is setting up the camera database, Menu/ Setup/ Database

First locate the Speed Camera database file, tap the "Browse for Database" box at the bottom of the screen.

I had already placed the Speed Camera Database in to a folder named "TCHART" which is on the memory card, tap the folder to open it:

Select the "pocketgps_uk_sc" file:

Now for the remaining settings:
The detection Angle sets the angle in front of the vehicle where it looks for cameras, the wider the setting the more camera warnings you will get, narrowing it down too far will result in less warnings, or warnings that only occur as you are close to the cameras unless you are on a very straight road - the default value of 60 degrees works well for me.
Detection Distance One is the distance which triggers the first warning.

To alter the sound used for Warning One tap the .... box adjacent to the warning sound one options.

Most system sounds are located in the \Windows folder, any of the wav files can be used for the warning sound.

Finally set the Warning Sound 2 options in the same way as warning one, the distance in this case is where the display changes showing the icon for the actual camera type.
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: GPS Speed Sentry Reply with quote

Mike, you are The Man. Just clicked on to find this. I will now give it a go and report back. Very Happy
Edit P.S. What about the bmp file for the images.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The icons the application uses are built in to the software so the bmp file from download isn't required - Mike
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: GPS Speed Sentry Reply with quote

Mike, thanks for that. I have tested it out today on a 150 round trip on the South Coast. All works fine except the sounds aren't working for me. The version I have is 1.7.0 (392)
tchart
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: GPS Speed Sentry Reply with quote

stuart wrote:
Mike, thanks for that. I have tested it out today on a 150 round trip on the South Coast. All works fine except the sounds aren't working for me. The version I have is 1.7.0 (392)

stuart,

The first build of 1.7.0 had the mute icon inverted. If you download the latest build from my site you should be good to go. The build number is 398.

Heres the link to the CAB file;

http://www.tchartdev.com/files/gps_speed_sentry_arm_en.cab

Trevor
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: GPS Speed Sentry Reply with quote

tchart wrote:
stuart,
The first build of 1.7.0 had the mute icon inverted. If you download the latest build from my site you should be good to go. The build number is 398.

Heres the link to the CAB file;

http://www.tchartdev.com/files/gps_speed_sentry_arm_en.cab

Trevor

Trevor, thanks for that. Got it installed and running on my iPaq 3950 and will do a road test next week on a 900 mile round trip to Scotland. I will post my results here...
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: GPS Speed Sentry Reply with quote

Mike and Trevor.. Thanks again to the two of you. I did my 900 mile round trip yesterday and it worked 99% of the time. Lost the signal a few times but thats because I didn't use an external antenna on a brand new Ford Transit which has a 'Quick Clear' windscreen. I just need to adjust the warning distance for those sites on the A1 Very Happy
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've un-sticked this thread now as darren created a guide based on this here: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-gps-speed-sentry.php

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: