Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Asda mobile - Cheap PAYG data
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Asda mobile - Cheap PAYG data
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gblades
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flashyphotos wrote:
Quote:
I am due to get a nokia 5800 at work but dont know if it will work with my 530. For that price I can just use my personal 6230 as it will cost me just over £1 a month! Beats the crappy £20 it would cost me on orange.

I currently have a Nokia N95 Connected to my 540 works fine, tried today with my new 5800 and no go, the 540 finds the phone and synces with it, but then goes into a loop of connecting and disconnecting, I have not been able to find any way around it so far which is a shame as the 5800 is a great phone.

I got my 5800 today aswell and couldnt get it to work with my 530 either.
It doesnt really matter as I have switched sims and have my work sim in my old nokia 6230i which seems a lot more reliable than the E70 I was using for traffic.
mick3391
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All ASDA Mobiles are sim free
gblades
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaTe wrote:
I have been using Asda PAYG for some time now as a phone service, but hadn't linked it to my TT720 for Traffic as I have a TMC aerial. However having read the lead post from gmoorc I had the WAP settings sent to my phone and started on the Radio Data installation on the TT.

At 65% installation the phone (a Nokia 6300) flashed up a warning "Purchase Data Package". It turned out to be that TT gives the option for a Vodafone connection, who Asda piggy-back for their service, but the settings are wrong for Asda.

If you are unable to do automatic installation it may well be worth reading a thread at this location: www.expansys.co.nz/ft.aspx?k=117387 , It worked for me and I used the *99***1# at the end of the article, although it only mentioned Sony Ericsson and Siemens phones.

Hope this may be of use to someone.

Thanks for that. I had the same problem on my 6230i.
I followed the guide but where it came to asking for the dial command it suggested *99# so I accepted that and it worked.
bw2020
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To allow future Sony Ericsson K550i users to connect to Tom Tom Plus services with Asda Mobile Network PAYG, the following worked for me with my new Tom Tom Go 520 and my previous Go 500.

TomTom says "Select your phone model" - Select Sony Ericsson W550i from the list since K550i isn't yet on it!

Select Vodaphone GB as the network since Asda Mobile use the Vodaphone network to piggy back on.

TomTom says "unable to set up your wireless data connection. Do you want to try another phone model or do you want to set up your wireless data connection manually" - Select "manually"

TomTom then asks for Access point name & suggests internet - Change that to asdamobiles.co.uk

TomTom then asks for Username: & suggests user@vodafone.net - change that to web

TomTom then asks for Password: & suggests user - change that to web

TomTom then asks Do you want to obtain your IP address automatically (DHCP) or do you want to set up your IP address manually? - Select "Automatic"

TomTom then asks Do you want to obtain your DNS server address automatically or do you want to obtain your DNS server address manually? - Select "Automatic"

TomTom then says Dial & suggests *99***5#

Accept that.

That's all there is to it. Very Happy
Tom Tom Go 500/520 will work with SE K550i with hands-free calling, share contacts list, receive & send text messages and connect wirelessly to Tom Tom Plus services and Tom Tom Traffic.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: