Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Eco Route
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Eco Route

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phil261159
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Eco Route Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me where I can download the new eco route application. I was told it would be available in February.
If it is not ready yet does anyone know when it will be?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it not avalible on WebUpdater?

If you don't have it download it from here
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been available since circa 21st Jan but only for the Nuvi 2x5 and 7x5 units. It is available as part of the Firmware upgrade only - ie you can't just download EcoRoute on its own.

It seems to work ok but does need to be configured from the start with current fuel price and estimated MPG for your vehicle
phil261159
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Eco route Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies. I just assumed that it would be a download straight from their site.
Is the webupdater something I should check on a regular basis
greg_m
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I check it every week or two and usually there are some updates for my unit.
GolfSierra
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be a mix of units used in setting this up. I can see why they have done this, but it is not not explained.

I am in the UK and my Garmin is set to imperial (miles).
Fuel economy is miles per gallon (around 45 for me)
Fuel price is price per litre (eg £0.98)
concretemike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Garmin Ecoroute - Mileage logger too! Reply with quote

This is on the pocket gps news page and has a link for ecoroute. (see below)

I have just looked at the mileage report and that alone is worth the whole Garmin bundle! It actually logs start location, end location, mileage, fuel used and for someone like me who can never remember to record their mileage for the taxman is a godsend. As long as I remember to have the Garmin on - no problem! Very Happy

Garmin Update Adds ecoRoute

As part of the recent firmware updates for nuvi 2x5 and 7x5 devices Garmin added their new ecoRoute feature.

ecoRoute is a neat little plug-in that allows you to configure the fuel price and average fuel consumption of your car and then find more fuel efficient routes, track your fuel usage and also monitor and improve your driving style to become more fuel efficient.

ecoRoute adds a 'Less Fuel' routing preference option and 'Mileage Monitor' provides a per-trip report of mileage and fuel usage, now you can see just how much those short trips into town and the school run are actually costing you.

The 'Driving Challenge' adds a live score to the map screen. The score (out of 100) rises and falls as you accelerate/decelerate, the higher the number, the smoother and more fuel efficient your driving style. You can even save your scores and see if you can better them!
quarkslot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GolfSierra wrote:
Seems to be a mix of units used in setting this up. I can see why they have done this, but it is not not explained.

I am in the UK and my Garmin is set to imperial (miles).
Fuel economy is miles per gallon (around 45 for me)
Fuel price is price per litre (eg £0.98)

Likewise I am in the UK and am just setting up ecoRoute on my GPS, it is a bit confusing because we buy fuel in litres but report economy in MPG!

You would think that if fuel economy is MPG then fuel price would be per gallon, but the Fuel Report shows fuel used in litres.

When entering fuel price there is nothing to indicate what unit the price is for, can anyone confirm that for UK users it is price is per litre and not per gallon?
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quarkslot

You are correct - prices are in Pence per litre and consumption in miles per gallon
quarkslot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply BAVC10.

I particularly like the fact that ecoRoute tells you the cost of a journey when you program it into the unit. I've been tracking my average MPG since I got my new car, sad I know, but at least I've got an accurate figure to enter into the calibration screen!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: