Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New S300T Software Update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New S300T Software Update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJ53
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: New S300T Software Update Reply with quote

Just downloaded the lastedt update for the S300T unit. Sorry folks it is only for Australia and New Zealand.

Below are the details about the update. They are not giving alot away. Would of like to know what the Product Enhancements are.

This update is for S100/150/200/300T models. It improves the below features:

Australia Time Zone - An enhancement has been added to assist customers with time difference in Australia due to Day Light Saving.

School Zone warning - An enhancement has been added to assist customers with School Zone Alerts in Australia. The warning chime that indicates the close proximity of a school zone will no longer sound when driving on a motorway that passes by a school zone. Please note the warning has also been adjusted to sound at 300m proximity to enhance your driving experience.

Overall Product Enhancement - Other improvements have also been made to the software enhancing the overall performance of your Navman S-Series Platinum.

Tony

Navman S300T
Build - 6.01.0101
BuildTime - 23/12/2008
SmartST 2009 - Navteq Australian Maps

Sydney Australia
DGreen
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi AJ53,

As mentioned in previous post tonight, finally have my S300T. I have added the Service Packs tonight and note that you have added SP1.

If you not already aware, SP2 was released on 22/01/2009 ("This service pack will allow your paired Bluetooth Device to maintain connectivity after your Navman restarts from Shut Down mode").

Thought I would give you a heads up on this update.

Now, back to analysing the S300T a little more ....

Regards,
Denis
SmartST 2009 - Australian Maps, Western & Eastern European Maps
AJ53
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DGreen wrote:
Hi AJ53,

If you not already aware, SP2 was released on 22/01/2009 ("This service pack will allow your paired Bluetooth Device to maintain connectivity after your Navman restarts from Shut Down mode").

Regards,
Denis

Hi Denis

Yes I was aware of the SP2 Patch. Thanks. Very Happy It came out the next day.

Hope that you will like your new S300T. Let me know what you think of it.

I did post another report about some of the features that are not on the S300T but were on the older S90i unit. Sad

The main 2 features that I miss are the avoid areas and also the colour of the maps. I have found out how to put in the avoid areas manually. If you use avoid areas and would like to know how to but them in let me know and I will send you the instructions.

Tony

Navman S300T
Build - 6.01.0101
BuildTime - 23/12/2008

Sydney Australia
DGreen
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony,

I have just loaded my Western European maps onto the S300T, although I now get a message, "unable to load some maps", but I shall attend to that glitch a little later.

You made mention about the Avoid areas. All of my avoid areas on my S90i are in Europe so I just transferred the MyAvoidAreas.xml from my S90i to S300T and they worked perfectly, so thats an interesting point that I have found. Hopefully many of the other areas of concern may be a straight copy over. That's now Favourites and Avoid Areas taken care of !

I didn't get to "play" as much as I would have liked, last weekend, as "She who must be obeyed !!", had other non-exciting plans. Although I did have a little tinker with the colours, but nothing conclusive at this stage. The system never "complained" to any of the changes I was doing though. Good sign in itself !! (Ongoing Project).

Regards,
Denis
DGreen
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony (AJ53),

Managed to find some time last evening to tackle the changing of colour schemes on my S300T. What I found looks very promising and I need to recharge my S90i in next day or two so that I can compare the colour scheme that I have set for the S300T.

What I did, was to locate the folder: "Program Files\Navman\SmartST_CE\MapCols"

In this folder you will note about 8 sets of colour schemes. The set/default colour scheme on the S300T is "spirit". At this point I backed up the "spirit" files (both the .col & .png). I then renamed the "spirit" files to "xspirit". From here I selected the "venezia" pair of files and copied and pasted back into this folder. Then renamed the copied pair to "spirit".

As mentioned, this did change the colour scheme on restarting the system. I noted that several items have not changed in colour e.g. The "Home" icon from memory on S90i was "green" whereas the home icon on S300T is "red". It appears that the icon colours are noted elsewhere in the system, but that is a possible tinker at a later time.

When I charge my S90i I shall compare and report any further info on this colour scheme change.

Regards,
Denis
DGreen
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony,

Following on from my previous post, I have now done some comparisons between the colours on my S90i and the colour files renaming of the S300T.

I can confirm that renaming the other colour schemes on the S300T to that of "spirit" does give differing colours schemes to the unit. I have noted though, that some colours do differ between the S90i and S300T. This in general does not really bother me, the clarity and variance of the colors was what I was looking for and found the color schemes quite acceptable. (By the way, there is an easier way of changing the colour schemes by modifying the settings in a couple of xml files, but this is a little more fraught with danger, so I will just stick to the renaming of files here is my discussions).

Perhaps when I get a little more spare time, I will play with adjusting the individual colours in schemes and see how they appear on the S300T. (I did do this successfully on the S90i some time ago, but got a little bored doing so in looking as colour variances between this road and that street etc.).

Besides, with heading back to Europe for a break in a few months time, means that I have to "My Place" all the points that I need for this forthcoming trip, and with the "lets go here" and "no, lets go here" discussions at home , I think it may take my time.

Regards,
Denis
AJ53
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Managed to find some time last evening to tackle the changing of colour schemes on my S300T. What I found looks very promising and I need to recharge my S90i in next day or two so that I can compare the colour scheme that I have set for the S300T.

Hi Denis

Thanks for the info. I have tried the colour scheme “venezia”. Pity it is still not the right colour for me but it is a lot better to see the screen.
I am almost sure that my older unit the map colour was like the road map book that I used to use. Let me know if you ever get the right colour so that I can change it.
The colour that suites me and works in all light conditions is I think was “napier” in the S90i. Pity I sold my S90i to a friend as I would be able to check them both.

Tony

Navman S300T
Build - 6.01.0101
BuildTime - 23/12/2008

Sydney Australia
DGreen
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony,

I read your last message and revisited this colour issue. I set the S300T to your suggested "napier" (renaming the files to "spirit" as previous) and then set the same colour scheme on the S90i.

The colouring between the 2 units (side by side) was much the same. The only discernable differences that I note are that the S300T has a slight more "pastel" appearance, but this can vary with the brightness being adjusted to a different setting.

Other differences, I noted, were that on the S300T the Green Areas (parks, ovals etc) appeared as plain green areas, whereas the S90i showed as "hatching of area" represenative of three bladed grass (if you know what I mean). Also the borders/edging of roads was slightly bolder on the S90i. Although I perhaps prefer the thinner edge of the S300T.

All in all, I think this is about the closet of all the colour schemes that I have tried in comparison between the 2 units with the colours being pretty close to what one perhaps expects.

Hopefully, this info may be of interest to you.

Regards,
Denis
AJ53
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Denis

Thanks for the reply. I did get the colour scheme wrong. It is not the Napier. The one that I was really after is the one that looks very similar to the pages in the UBD

Upon looking at the colour schemes again the closest to the UBD Directory is Dubai. I only which I knew what the colour numbers were and where that file was so that I could do it.

I would like the blocks of land to be light grey, parks to be a brighter green, normal roads to be white, main roads yellow and freeways etc to be purple. Not much but I find these colours a lot better for me.

Let me know if you ever find a way to improve the colour schemes.

Tony

Navman S300T
Build - 6.01.0101
BuildTime - 23/12/2008

Sydney Australia
AJ53
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ53 wrote:
I would like the blocks of land to be light grey, parks to be a brighter green, normal roads to be white, main roads yellow and freeways etc to be purple. Not much but I find these colours a lot better for me.

Hi Denis

Futher to my last post, I have finally been able to turn the colours of the S300T to nearlybthe way that I like it. The files for the colour of the maps were easy to change in Notepad. The colours are now nearly the same as the Sydney USB Directory, but still not correct. A few more to change and it should be great. Easy to see now.

Took a long time but also managed to find 2 web sites that have all the colour codes with the right numbers.

If possible could you please let me know if you could send all the old S90i colour files so that I could check them colour wise as 1 of them was better than the USB Directory and I would like to be able to use them.

Tony

Navman S300T
Build - 6.01.0101
BuildTime - 23/12/2008

Sydney Australia

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: