Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Copilot Live 7 - WVGA Support or Lack Thereof
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Copilot Live 7 - WVGA Support or Lack Thereof

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nonno
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Copilot Live 7 - WVGA Support or Lack Thereof Reply with quote

It would seem the new WVGA (SE Xperia X1 and HTC Touch HD?) have problems displaying CPL7. Comment here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=442103. Can anyone confirm this? If this is so, is ALK actively doing anything to include WVGA support.

As an aside, it has been a long time since ALK released any updates for CPL7. Updates I believe that should address the loss of functionality experienced when it moved from CPL6 to 7. WVGA support is something else to add to the list.
davast
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nonno - I have been using CPL v7.7.0.134 on my new Touch HD since last Friday and it works a treat. I have not experienced any problems with it. Still can't get TTN7 working with TTN7 maps like I had on my Polaris though.
Grahame
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got 7.7.0.134 running on my Xperia and used it for the first time on Saturday as a passenger. It took a couple of goes to start, crashing on the first attempt, then worked perfectly from Aylesbury to the M40 at J9. It crashed again and took many attempts to get back running again, each time crashing during the routing phase, before the Drive button activates. I even tried a reset, but eventually got it going again and it lasted all the way to Stoke-on-Trent. On the return journey it worked without problem all the way.

I was impressed by the GPS, getting a fix no problem under the Picasso windscreen, which blocks all my previous devices. I also get a fairly quick fix indoors at home. Also the built-in speaker is loud enough to hear over road noise and in-car entertainment (reasonable listening levels, not drum'n'bass/Vauxhall Corsa levels).

I don't know if the crashes were down to screen resolution or Mobile 6.1 compatibility - it used to work OK on the Glofiish M900 with VGA and a lot less working memory.

Grahame.
LandRocket
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Crashes Reply with quote

Re: CoPilot Crashing

Are you using the Live or Traffic features? I find that if CPL7 tries to transmit/receive information when my HTC Advantage has little/no signal that it will crash and I can't restart it until signal is back (also running WM6.1)

The only solution is accept it, or turn off the traffic/live features. I think Live causes it to be more temperamental as you can set it to transmit data as often as every 5 seconds less frequently as in every x minutes.... if you are transmitting every 5 seconds it is more likely to coincide with a phone signal failure and crash.

CoPilot version is also v7.7.0.134 but is not the new Touch Diamond version, just the classic PocketPC/Smartphone version.
Grahame
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did have Live turned on from the beginning, but turned it off during the return journey - that may have accounted for the better performance on the way back.

Grahame.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: