Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Credit Card Issues
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Credit Card Issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Credit Card Issues Reply with quote

I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this but I cannot see a better one.

I seem to be having a lot of problems recently when buying gadgets online. I am using a Halifax Mastercard (perfect credit rating) and I am buying from major UK retailers, Total PDA, DABS, Expansys, Game etc. I then get an email from the retailer saying credit has been refused, I phone up Halifax and they then say yes this is a security check to see if it was you who placed the order, supposedly as computing shops are considered high risk. They then tell me that the order can go through and to order again from the retailer. The problem now is that the cut off time for the next delivery has been missed.

Are others getting this problem, is it a Halfax or Mastercard issue?
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do a lot of online purchasing with a First Direct Gold card, and I've never had a problem - yet!
Samsung Galaxy S21
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only ever had that happen once and that was with a natwest switch card. even then though the millisecond the payment was declined the phone rang and it was the bank checking i had attempted the payment.

i would have been very annoyed if i had to chase the bank / card provider up myself!!

MaFt
nivek22
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an on-line purchase refused on an mbna credit card about 2 months ago. I received a letter a couple of days after asking me to phone them and confirm it was me making the purchase.

The month after I bought something from an american site with my debit card. A couple of days later I couldn't get cash at a barclays atm, the message said to phone the number on my statement.
The guy in the debit card department checked my recent transactions with me and ended up saying that I must have some dirt on my chip and that he'd removed the lock.

Since then I've been in the queue at the same atm when at least 3 other people have been told to phone the bank.

I think that card fraud must have increased greatly and the banks are checking everything that's not routine.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: