Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Software Release - 1.231 and Routes available.....
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Software Release - 1.231 and Routes available.....
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanHibbert
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: New Software Release - 1.231 and Routes available..... Reply with quote

Well....I've discovered that if you click on the middle language flag on the Satmap site (Netherlands) then unbelievably, the Software tab takes you to Rel. 1.231 which according to Babel Fish cures the high capacity SD card lock-up issue amongst other things. The Routes tab lists a whole bunch of downloadable routes!

Anyone know what's going on, why Satmap operate in stealth mode all the time, why they haven't told the UK base about a software upgrade that I for one have been chasing, will it work on our units (presumably), how long has it been available etc.

Good to see it's there, but far from happy with their modus operandi! I shall call them tomorrow.

Happy reading!

Ian
IanHibbert
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On further examination the contents of 1.231 appear to be very similar to 1.20 - presumably something must have been improved however!
Hankers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IanHibbert wrote:
On further examination the contents of 1.231 appear to be very similar to 1.20 - presumably something must have been improved however!

It has stopped the lockup I had whenever I selected the pointer function from the compass screen and there is now a confirmation screen when you switch off - a big improvement for me! Interested to see what other find.

Thanks for sharing this!

Regards,
Dave
nonoftheabove
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

must admit after reading Ians pointer .
i tried the dutch flag and the norwegian flag.
The norwegian flag has similar appearance (sub pages) to the uk flag but the dutch flag throws up new software and a shoal of routes.
i presume that the 'local' equivalent of OS is not so po faced and grasping
as our home based version[;b] BUT[/b] why the new software to be onlt seen there

I have had a few emails from Satmap trumpting mapping and lower price (VAT) etc why so deathly quiet about software upgrades?
marty-w
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the update seems the same as version 1.200. I did a translation from Dutch to English and it seems to be exactly the same, just a different version number.

Double dutch!!

Just to add I agree with other posts re: the professionalism which is lacking from Satmap in terms of their website. Spelling mistakes and lack of official forum/news are not a good look.

At least the customer service and the Satmap itself are excellent. Only had one freeze issue and that's gone away.

My only gripe is with the battery indicator which I believe they're fixing on the next update. Mine went from 4 bars to none and switched off. Luckily I'd kept tabs on how long I'd used it for.

-martin-
jjb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Version 1.3 Reply with quote

Well I have today just recieved an Active 10 direct from Satmap and it is runing version 1.300 (08.11.1) of the software.

Do not know what the diferences are but it does show the extra screen on power down as described above.

Will let you know if I find anything else
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the figures in brackets correspond to the date,you must be beta testing it for the rest of us!!

Very Happy

Ian
jjb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it has changed and I have not got a clue about the numbers in brackets after the 1.300

Biggest notacible difference after a quick look is the GPS Map screen your position in now shown as a blue circle witha dot in the middle, a line then extends out of it. I think to show your direction of travel and possibly speed - like memory map?

If you want to enter planning mode it changes to a seperate and different red circle.

Other screens have slights changed with colour on the Stamap logos etc an option to show titles on maps etc. As well as the extra shut down screen etc.

I am sure I also found something about post code lookup - but it was greyed out and inactive. Can not find it now Surprised

Will play tomorrow, trouble being the unit is not mine. It must apear unused and wrapped up soon! Smile
lucevans
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satmap are currently beta testing firmware 1.300 with some users, but have requested that the firmware not be distributed publicly yet.

In my opinion:

Best new feature: A great screen lock that uses the power key and prevents accidental movement into planning mode by knocking the joystick when putting Satmap in/out of it's case

Best Bug fix: No more straight-line snail trail from last-fix position to new-fix position after switching on!! Hooray!!!

Biggest gripe/still not fixed: Trip log total ascent figure still hopelessly over-estimated (took it out for a stroll on Sunday with Memory Map calculating a total ascent over 6km of 35m...Satmap reckoned it was 381m !)

Last edited by lucevans on Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucevans wrote:
Satmap are currently beta testing firmware 1.300 with some users, but have requested that the firmware not be distributed publicly yet.
Then it would appear rather strange for them to be selling the active10 with this new software release installed to the device Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes - Mike
lucevans
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Then it would appear rather strange for them to be selling the active10 with this new software release installed to the device Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes - Mike

That was the position stated in an e-mail I received from Satmap on 15th December. Perhaps they have since decided to start shipping it.
jjb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On reflection I can understand why they have supplied a unit with Beta software to me. Although strange that they did not tell me Confused
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A personal message to SatMap if you are listening, and I hope you are...

I had hoped to see something before Christmas...

Come on SatMap! I/we have waited for over a year for you to deliver the things you promised when we bought our A10s. It is an impressive product but if you hope to survive this downturn you had better pay better attention to your customers and communicate with us. I would be disappointed to see you go down but unless you buck up I fear that you will.
Satsync 1.525
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I second that !!

We have bought your excellent product,but PLEASE keep us informed about whats happening,not happening and why it's not happening,and don't tell us porkies.If something isn't going to appear for three months don't tell us it will be here next week.

You have a website,please use it.

If not,as Mike says,I can't see you being here this time next year and that would be a shame.

Ian
johno99
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have said before, I hope you are all contacting Satmap with your opinions, comments, suggestions and complaints and not relying on this forum. As it has been stated before it is unlikely that Satmap read or monitor these forums so please all of you if you feel the need to type an email then make sure you send it to Satmap.
If enough people make the same comments they may take notice.

Merry Xmas

John

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: