Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - speed camera updates for my satnav
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

speed camera updates for my satnav

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madzook
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: speed camera updates for my satnav Reply with quote

hi all

new to the site hope im int he right place to ask this question,the question is my current satnav is a evesham nav-cam 7700 and the camera updates needs doing as they just expired,the company i bought it from have no gone bust and i think no updates are available,would the camera updates on here for £16,99 for 12 months work on my sat nav ? or do i need to buy a new 1

thanks for any help

madzook Very Happy
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately Evesham used a proprietary encrypted format and so neither we nor anyone else can offer a database that you can use, sorry.
madzook
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi darren Very Happy

thanks for the reply i thought it might be a no no Sad oh well gives me an excuse to buy a new satnav i was thinking of this 1 TomTom ONE v4 Satellite Navigation System with Great Britain Mapping,would this do for me as i dont have much knowledge of satnav as i never go abroad when driving just in the uk and it look pretty good for £90 Laughing, if i was to buy that 1 new would i get 12 months cameras on it before it needs to be updates and can i update it on this site using the updates for this model

thanks again andy
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any camera alerts that come with new TomToms are their own. They are not as accurate (IMO) and do not include the mobile and pmobile cameras recorded in the PGPSW database.
Personally I would ignore the TT cameras and subscribe to the camera from here. You will then get weekly updates and have the chance to qualify for lifetime updates by submitting new/removed cameras when you see them.
madzook
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks scary

i think i will do that,is it any easy task to subscibe to the 1s on here and get them on to your tom tom just not being to good with computers and sat navs

thanks Confused
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a guide here which steps through the procedure to add the cameras and set the alerts.

Basically you copy the OV2 files into the map directory and then turn on the alerts to the distances you feel is best. You can choose from a single file for the cameras, ones seperated into camera types or ones seperated by type and speed. The latter is my choice although setting takes a while as there are currently 30 alerts to set.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: