Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 2.5.2.60 update to Home
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

2.5.2.60 update to Home

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: 2.5.2.60 update to Home Reply with quote

No idea what the changes are but just been offered it.
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah me too ...by the looks of the number it is probably only a bug fix
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been offered the update an installed it. I can't see any changes yet, though. As andy-c1 says, probably a bug fix.

Operate My Go now reports that I have a 520, which is correct. I think it was the last but one update that said I had a 720 when connected. It's also showing the correct app and map version that's on the device, not ones that it dreams up in the 'Demo'.

I've just disconnected the device and fired it up and I still have the 'Kate' TTS voice enabled. I have had to set it up again with previous versions after using 'Operate my Go'.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has crashed three times on me so far.

Once on the loading screen on "Update" after changing my POI download preferences (still hopeful to see if that feature will EVER work!)

and twice on the loading screen to add "Items on my Computer" whilst trying to update the Cagliari software

The "loading" bar appears but there is no movement or animation. Nothing happens. It looks like it has frozen, but I can still access the menu bar.

Have to exit and restart.
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard345 wrote
Quote:
I still have the 'Kate' TTS voice enabled. I have had to set it up again with previous versions after using 'Operate my Go'.
I haven't had to set up the voices since the last update if I only have a computer voice set. But if I have a recorded voice (Tim) set for navigation and a computer voice (Kate) set for warnings, then it removes Tim and leaves Kate giving the navigation instructions. I'll be interested to see if that has changed but I doubt it. Very Happy
tangray1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just updated home and was offered version 7.903, a 16meg + update only updated maps just over a week ago ! but all seems well at mo
settings remained the same including voices..

TomTom 910. version 7.903
gps v1.21 boot 1.0612
western europe v815.2023

Last edited by tangray1 on Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
sphelps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tangray1 wrote:
Just updated home and was offered version 7.903, a 16meg + update only updated maps just over a week ago ! but all seems well at mo settings remained the same including voices..

What TomTom did you update to 7.903?

My 910 didn't like 7.900 it kept rebooting

TomTom 720 Version 8.302 Map WCE v825
Navigon 40 Premium
lola
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomtom are listening - thankyou WP @ Tomtom - the problem I had with pink icons is cured in the new TTH.

--------------

PM - received.

I am one of the developers working on TomTom HOME. I think we identified the issue messing up the colors in your case - TomTom HOME 2.5 comes with support for monitor color profiles, and apparently your monitor's color profile is broken. So we switched off support for color profiles in TomTom HOME 2.5.2 (released today).

However, we would prefer to see the problem fixed at the source. It seems that Mozilla developers already fixed the problem with color management on their end (TomTom HOME shares much of the code with Mozilla Firefox). It would be nice if you could send me your monitor's color profile so that I can verify the fix. How to get it: Right-click somewhere on your Windows desktop and choose "Properties" from the context menu. Go to the "Settings" tab and click "Advanced" button. Go to the "Color Management" in the new window and check what it says for "Default monitor profile". That's the name of the file you need to send me. The file is located in the directory c:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\color. Could you send it to
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lola....

Thank you for reporting back in the forum. I really appreciate it as I learn (or try to learn) from the postings of others...and I certainly learned something new with your post.

Again, thanks!
Thumbs Up

p.s. is it funny when I tried to type your name with all lower case!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: