Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Notice of intended prosecution, didn't know this.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Notice of intended prosecution, didn't know this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dizzydalek
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Notice of intended prosecution, didn't know this. Reply with quote

Hi All,

Finally got nabbed in Leicestershire, 37 in a 30 so it's a fair cop Smile

Interesting thing was that the NIP was sent to my company, who passed it on to me. I filled in the form and sent it back, but the company then got a final demand.

Because the original letter had been sent to them they should have responded, telling the Police that I was the driver, so although I had sent in the required detail, it wasn't me they wanted it from..

Talking to the guy in the 'Safety Camera' office on the phone, he told me that ordinarily that would mean my boss (the company secretary) getting prosecuted and me getting no points.

Luckily (for my boss, but not for me) we managed to get a response from my company in to them in time.

Bit weird that I 'fessed up to driving, but that wasn't the right answer.

Got a louder speaker for my PDA too, something a bit more insistent.

Ho Hum

Iain
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's about right, the NIP is served in the registered keeper. If they are or were not the driver of the vehicle then they MUST notify the police. Failure to do so is a separate offence.

Pepipoo is a good site for assistance in such matters although in your case this is a little late now!
dizzydalek
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said, fair cop Smile

Anyone been on these speed awareness courses that they apparently do in Leicestershire ?

Iain
jezbod
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done the speed awareness course in Humberside.
There was a traffic car watching all the cars (ANPR & speed) coming into the venue.
They expect "active participation" in the discussions and you get a nice keyring and pen out of it!
If the time and date they give you is not a good one, ask them to change it. I did and got one that suited me, not the Plod.
It was either 50GBP and 3 hours of work, or the speeding fine, points and higher insurance. Chose the course and 50GBP.
ZZR6
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can only attend 1 course in a 3 year period too. Smile
woodlands40
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi dizzydalek.
I have only just joined as a subscribed member so I could not reply earlier, but: -

The NIP is always sent to the registered keeper and they must respond as It is an offence not to do so. Currently for the offence
if a guilty plea is offered is
Private = Max of Level 3 (£1000) 6 points starting point C (150% relevant weekly income) typical = £350 fine + £15 Victim Surcharge +£60 Costs + 6 points
if a no guilty plea is offered is
Private = Max of Level 3 (£1000) 6 points starting point C (150% relevant weekly income) typical = £525 fine + £15 Victim Surcharge +£60 Costs + 6 points
Limited Company = Max of Level 3 (£1000) typical = £1000 fine + £15 Victim Surcharge +£60 Costs
Non Limited companies the endorsement is possible on the most senior person, but unlikely.

First time we manage to contact a lot of the offenders is when the Fine enforcement teams go to collect the money. (starting 28 days after the court case).

These figures are current for West Mercia, West Midlands, North Wales. and cover M5, M6, M6Toll, M54, M42, M50, basically Bristol to Manchester and Oxford to Hollyhead. All cases heard in a Magistrates court (usually Ludlow or Telford going to be on Thursdays from Jan 09 currently on Fridays)

If you would like any other information please ask, I will see what I can find out.

regards

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: