Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Kenwood BNX5220 BT "Disk Error" Message
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Kenwood BNX5220 BT "Disk Error" Message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris_J_Brown
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Kenwood BNX5220 BT "Disk Error" Message Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have just purchased the above and on the recommendation of Garmin downloaded the safety camera database from your site.

Using the POI loader tool from Garmin I successfully created the .gpi files.

These were then burned to CD first using Nero, then Express Burn, both methods having finalised the discs and in the data CD format.

With th POI activated on the Kenwood unit and the CD read set to 1, I inserted the disc.

I have attempoted this all the way through 8 times now and evvery time I get the "disc error" message and no POI are uploaded.

This is really frustrating me as I needed to use this feature this afternoon!

Can anybody help me - cana usb stick be used instead if there is a problem with CD burning?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think you can use a usb stick? but if you have an sd card slot then you can use that?

instructions are here: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-kenwood.php (in case you've not seen them?!)

MaFt
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In another thread someone mentioned that if you wait after getting the error it loads anyway!

Another suggestion is

Quote:
Also, on your Kenwood unit, you need to go into SYSTEM SETUP menu and check that it says CD READ 1. If it says CD READ 2, change it and hopefully your problem will be solved.

See this thread

Either of those help?
Chris_J_Brown
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks both for the reply, but I do not have an sd slot, and the CD read is definately on 1 as I have checked this.

I have waited for about 5 mins after the error message disappearded but nothing was loaded.

Do we know of a CD burner that and version no. that this definately works with?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you put the file straight onto the CD?

Have you tried the usual Garmon folder structure?

garmin/poi/poi.gpi?

One method that worked for someone else was to use POILoader and select "Garmin Device" as the Save option. Then specify a folder on your PC to save the file in. It'll then make a folder called "garmin" and another inside that one called "poi". Your "poi.gpi" file will be in the "poi" folder. Copy the "garmin" folder and the it's contents (the "poi" folder and the "poi.gpi" file) to a CD and see if that works.

----
Are you using good quality CDs? Sony, Memorex, TDK, Verbatum..... or some "Jonny No-Brand" CDs?

There seem to be some difficulties in getting these working but we're getting there....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: