Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - nav 6 wil not install
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

nav 6 wil not install

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Earle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: nav 6 wil not install Reply with quote

Hi,
Previous running nav 5 which worked great,bought 6 had had nothing but probs,
using ipaq 2200, the nav 6 came on a SD card which i swapped out with the one with 5 on and it will not install it says file\SD card\2557\ttn.cab is not valid A windows CE SETUP FILE. DO I NEED TO UNINSTALL 5 OR SHOULD IT JUST PICK UP sorry i shouldnt shout but i have been playing with this for days....upgrade eh??!!
please reply like i am a 3yr old as i really dont know my way around the 2200 very well
thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either remove the TTN5 or hard reset the PDA to remove all traces of anything loaded to the device - this is drastic but it should then allow the newer TTN6 to install - Mike
Earle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Either remove the TTN5 or hard reset the PDA to remove all traces of anything loaded to the device - this is drastic but it should then allow the newer TTN6 to install - Mike

Thanks for that but it didnt work..it wont autorun says no associated files
and will not install....any more ideas...good job im on the thin side or id be ripping my hair out

Thanks again
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget using the auto run just use the PDA to manualy install the application.
Fire up File Explorer on the device and go to Storage Card followed by the 2577 folder, in here you will see a couple of files ttn62003.cab is the one you are looking for (you might not see the .cab file extension though on the PDA) - simply tap this file and follow the onscreen prompts to install the application - Mike
Earle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Forget using the auto run just use the PDA to manualy install the application.
Fire up File Explorer on the device and go to Storage Card followed by the 2577 folder, in here you will see a couple of files ttn62003.cab is the one you are looking for (you might not see the .cab file extension though on the PDA) - simply tap this file and follow the onscreen prompts to install the application - Mike

ta for the reply..there is one file labelled ttn file and thats all it says no ttn62003.cb but when you tap it it is as in my 1st post \SD card\2557\ttn.cab is not valid a windows CE SETUP FILE.

this was a purchase in a sealed box with everything on the SD card...are there files missing??

thanks again
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does sound like somethings not right with the data on your card, have a read through my second post in This Thread, it details how to download a fresh CAB file straight from the TomTom servers, and then explains how to put it on the device - Mike
Earle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
It does sound like somethings not right with the data on your card, have a read through my second post in This Thread, it details how to download a fresh CAB file straight from the TomTom servers, and then explains how to put it on the device - Mike

Well i copied the files across and stumbled through it and it adventually asked for device and activation codes and managed to get it working...its a bit of a bad deal when you have to go through all this to get it going isnt it?....good job you guys are available all we would all be stuffed....many many thanks...im sure ill be along with another gem soon...once again cheers
Earle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

Earle wrote:
mikealder wrote:

Well i copied the files across and stumbled through it and it adventually asked for device and activation codes and managed to get it working...its a bit of a bad deal when you have to go through all this to get it going isnt it?....good job you guys are available all we would all be stuffed....many many thanks...im sure ill be along with another gem soon...once again cheers

Hi,
Just to let you all know i eventually got an email back from from TomTom home website after a week and the said that.....the Ipaq 2200 is not compatible with TTN 6......so with your help we have got it running but they say it is not compatible!!!

Cheers
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will say this for devices they have not tested, we know the device you have works fine running TTN6 so ignore what they are saying and simply use the device - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: