Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon change to night colours too late.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon change to night colours too late.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shinymera
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Navigon change to night colours too late. Reply with quote

My Navigon 2100Max seems not to understand 'daylight saving' time. My unit doesn't switch to night time colours until about 6pm.

Have I missed a setting somewhere? Anyone else experiencing this?
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Navigon change to night colours too late. Reply with quote

I have the same problem with the 8110. Already reported this and they say it's normal. Maybe you can report it too and see what they answer.

Shinymera wrote:
My Navigon 2100Max seems not to understand 'daylight saving' time. My unit doesn't switch to night time colours until about 6pm.

Have I missed a setting somewhere? Anyone else experiencing this?
Shinymera
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm full of the cold so didn't phone I have however just sent them an email.

I'll report back what they say.
Shinymera
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a reply today.

Now this person writes English better than I write German but I'm still not sure how helpful this reply is.

Quote:
Goodmorning.

Thank you for contacting NAVIGON support.

In a prompt and correct way of providing you assistance we infrom you that if you have proceeded in predetermining the settings from the day/night mode on your NAVIGON through settings and this has not help to solve the inconvinience we surely have already taken your e-mail in as with strong positive feedback and has been forwarded to our software developers.

As soon as any new information is out regarding this matter we will be prompt to infrom you with priority.

We thank you for your time and look forward into hopefully being able to provide you with the required service in a not far away future.

Yours sincerely,
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is they seem to send everything to the software developers and nothing seems to happen.
The 2110 max is on 7.0.12 of the software and yet the 8110 is still on software release 7.0.8.
I know some fixes maybe specific to the model and maybe the 2110 was more buggy but it's hard to not get the feeling that the developers are not doing anything on the 8110 software.

Don't get me wrong, I still love my 8110, but just wish there were signs of Navigon delivering on any updates / features promised.
wellsi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned in another post i was writing on, the change to night mode is based on the known sunset time for your location and date, and the delay setting in an xml file.

Look in the navigon / settings folder for the ApplicationSettings.xml file
Right click and Open-With notepad

Scroll right down the bottom; about 30 or 40 lines up from the bottom, there's the Sunrise delay (preset to 0) and the sunset delay (preset to 3600). Amend to say 1800 (seconds ie 30 minutes) and save.

There are literally dozens and dozens of other settings you can amend.
Obviously strongly suggest you make a copy of the xml file before you start hacking it to pieces!!!
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EddyDC - did you find a day/night delay settings for your 8110? I've looked through all my files (I think!) and can't find one, or the 3600 value wellsi mentions, anywhere. I suspect the files on the 2110max are different, but maybe I have actually missed a file in my search.
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
EddyDC - did you find a day/night delay settings for your 8110? I've looked through all my files (I think!) and can't find one, or the 3600 value wellsi mentions, anywhere. I suspect the files on the 2110max are different, but maybe I have actually missed a file in my search.

I don't find this file either. A detailed explanation on how to find this file and what possible values can be useful to be changed (besides the sunset thing) would be more than welcome
wellsi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't give much more detail than already given chaps...

Plug the SD card or the unit into your PC; with explorer, look in the Navigon / Settings folder for
ApplicationSettings.xml

Right click and Open-With notepad
Search for the text "sunsetdelay" which on my file was about 30 or 40 lines up from the bottom,
The figures are obviously in seconds, as the preset value is 3600

Amend to whatever you want; 1800 would be 30 minutes (1800/60) and save.
This is the setup for the 2100max; I don't own the 8110 so can't say if the ile structure is the same... But the key thing woullbe to poke about the .xml files and look for anything relevant...
Cheers

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: