Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Camera Database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Camera Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And your refusal to post a link that we can investigate speaks volumes!
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your paranoid, use google like i did. if your accusing me of something say it, what speaks volumes? what are you accusing me of? helping other posters and offering an answer to their problem? dont post personal info in the forum either please.
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont see what needs investigating, why because i used another site , what a crime ffs Rolling Eyes
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sallyann wrote:
gardenshed wrote:
everything has to be a conspiracy if it hasn't been done on pgsw, well it's really easy all you have to do is google, there is no seceret.

Conspiracy?
There's no magic about PGPSW, they simply have the best product. If someone comes up with a better one, I'll change to it right away. But the accuracy of the competing products is frankly disappointing.

Sal

i didnt say this database was no good i said there were alternatives to it to test a device, next thing i'm being accused of being a liar and suggestions of copyright infringement, so much for trying to help others out
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to say goodnight gentlemen!
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

night night
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to let this drop. No-one is saying it's a crime to suggest there are other options or other sites. I've absolutely no issue with that at all.

You stated there were better or equally good options available FREE elsewhere. Fair enough but it's only right and proper that you state what these are so we can either admit you're right, hang up our boots and do something else or disprove your claims.

But of course you won't which suggests they either don't exist or that perhaps these FREE sites are just forums offering pirated ripped off copies of our database. Your response that I use Google to find them is rubbish and you know it. If you're going to make such statements then have the courage to back them up with links. It's all too easy for you post your comments and then refuse to back them up and that kind of behaviour riles me.

Sleep on it by all means but if you won't post links then stop posting claims you can't back up with facts. If you do and I'm wrong I'll happily apologise, I'll bet I'm not though.
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i notice there was no apology from you for posting private information in that
Quote:
But of course you won't which suggests they either don't exist or that perhaps these FREE sites are just forums offering pirated ripped off copies of our database. Your response that I use Google to find them is rubbish and you know it.

how dare you call me a liar and thief without proof and suggest that I promote the use of pirated information

here to prove there are other sites is one link, I suggest if you cant use google to find any more go to the library and ask, but do not accuse me of being a liar if you are too lazy to use it

http://poiplaza.com/index.php?p=dc&c=42

This site has a lot of cameras that are not in your data base, now i gues the onus is on you to disprove every camera in it, but you will i guess just say ours is better without proof

Last edited by gardenshed on Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sleep on it by all means but if you won't post links then stop posting claims you can't back up with facts. If you do and I'm wrong I'll happily apologise, I'll bet I'm not though.
read above and i'll be waiting for you apology calling me a liar
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What private information? As for POIPlaza, there is no need for me to investigate as we already have done and we are considering action against them. Their data is riddled with ours as well as a great many other sites. They undertake no verification and steal data from other sites. So if you wish to recommend them good luck to you.

As I said earlier:
Quote:
Oh really? There is one I know of that uses pirated data from here amongst lots of other unverified data and there are other competing commercial services.

I have called you neither a liar or a thief. I suggested that any FREE sites were highly likely to be sites offering or using pirated data, POIPlaza is just such a site. Of course they can offer it for free, they didn't do any of the work to gather the data did they? And they don't do any of the work to verify it either.
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gardenshed wrote:
here to prove there are other sites is one link.....

http://poiplaza.com/index.php?p=dc&c=42

This site has a lot of cameras that are not in your data base, now i gues the onus is on you to disprove every camera in it, but you will i guess just say ours is better without proof

I'd hardly call information which was last updated on 1 July up to date and accurate on 20 November:

Quote:
Section Cameras (360)

Last update: 2008. július 01., 23:52:51

Maybe that's why there are cameras here which don't exist in the PGPSW database - because they've correctly been removed over the past four and a half months and I can quote several within a small radius from home which have legitimately been removed since the cameras no longer exist
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now that is interesting, how is their database a copy of yours?
there is no pgpsw camera references in it, all the fixed cameras and notified mobile ones are on government issued sites, ie local police authorities so how is that an infringement of your database? suing ordenance survey maps aswell for printing camera locations, what ever.
I know you wont expand on the 'imfringements' or how it is riddled with your info, guess we'll have to take your word that this is the best database, as you offer no proof that it is Rolling Eyes
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gps fan i refer you back to my original post that offered a solution to another poster who wanted totry a new device without infringing the copyright of this sites database.

this has all got rather silly and i dont care how good or not you claim this or other sites to be, ok.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gardenshed wrote:
now that is interesting, how is their database a copy of yours?
there is no pgpsw camera references in it, all the fixed cameras and notified mobile ones are on government issued sites, ie local police authorities so how is that an infringement of your database? suing ordenance survey maps aswell for printing camera locations, what ever.
I know you wont expand on the 'imfringements' or how it is riddled with your info

We have a number of systems in place. The very simplest are false sites at a number of locations. Many of these are present in the POIPlaza data. Also a large number of cameras of one specific type have exact Lat/Lon matches for ours, a circumstance that could only happen by copying our data.

POIPlaza didn't gather the data from Government or Local authority sites because such data isn't available! If Ordnance Survey were to publish such data they could as they'd gather it themselves or buy it from a supplier (they don't even gather it at the moment).

We claim copyright over our database as it was collated and created by us. The database is our Intellectual Property in much the same way as you might own your telephone number but that doesn't prevent a company from collecting everyone's telephone number, publishing it in a phone book and claiming copyright over it.
Quote:
, guess we'll have to take your word that this is the best database, as you offer no proof that it is Rolling Eyes

You don't have to take our word for the quality of the database at all. Feel free to try other sites. As GPS_fan has said, a database last updated 4 months ago and has no verification will do our job for us.

I'm surprised that you don't see why we get so angry about this? You know we all work very hard to create the database, indeed you've invested time yourself in supporting us.
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm surprised that you don't see why we get so angry about this? You know we all work very hard to create the database, indeed you've invested time yourself in supporting us.

which is why I do not like it being suggested that I promote pirated information because i offered a solution to a problem for a poster, nor that by refusing to post links to other sites, thus not reducing subscription nor advertising those other sites here, in some way makes me a liar, and that I am not able to substantiate the claim that there are databases available on the net to try out the device.

the reference to the ordenance survey was to their maps containing camera references

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: