Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - x40 series - new TomTom premium camera update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

x40 series - new TomTom premium camera update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonstatt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: x40 series - new TomTom premium camera update Reply with quote

Just to let you know that a new set of premium camera updates are now available to download.

I am now finding cameras on there that were missing before (such as on the M25 and M3). BUt I am still not seeing all that I am expecting. For example there are 4 sets from M25 J16 - J12, but only one is showing up.

Nevertheless RoadAngel/TomTom are getting there.
SunnyUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Jonstatt.

I have been struggling since day 2 of having my 940 with it not allowing me to download cameras. But today this set of camera updates appeared automatically when I plugged the TT in.

Maybe the cause of many of my problems is that I though one should be able to ask for the latest cameras rather than just getting them pushed whenever. Can I ask how you receive your camera updates?
jonstatt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the x40 currently they can only be downloaded via Home. In other words, you have to dock it regularly and if Home has a newever version it will push it to the device. As of yet, there is no indication on the device itself that newer cameras are waiting for download...although TomTom clearly has the ability to do so with the x40 because I got a message telling me new maps were available when I switched on my 940 last week.

You cannot download cameras on the device itself (except mobile sites).
SunnyUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using Home, I've been trying to select first "add maps, traffic, voices, etc" and then "safety cameras". However, that always seems to either

1) show me what's on the x40 or

2) give me an error message saying that I'm not entitled to this

1) and 2) varries without there being any discernable pattern to which of the wo options it choses.

But if the cameras are automatically pushed when the device is docked, then I guess I don't need to worry about this inability to try to pull them.
HenryMitchell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonstatt wrote:
As of yet, there is no indication on the device itself that newer cameras are waiting for download...although TomTom clearly has the ability to do so with the x40 because I got a message telling me new maps were available when I switched on my 940 last week.

I got this same message immediately after downloading the latest firmware. I assumed it was triggered by that rather than over the air...

With regard to the camera data, I agree it is getting better but it is nowhere near good enough to be relied upon and I have gone back to the PGPSW data until TT/RA get it right.
Map: Europe v920.5244 (11/2013)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: