Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can't get Memory Map A-Z to display
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't get Memory Map A-Z to display

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bikerjohn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Can't get Memory Map A-Z to display Reply with quote

I've got some memory map A-Z (street atlas) disks but when I click on the files they do not display the relevant A-Z map. All that happens is that memory map opens up showing the last map I used on there. The A-Z folders are 'Largescale', 'Layout', 'Legend' and 'Street'. I am using memory Map v 5.1.3 build 716. The A-Z files are dated 2003. Di I need special software to view these A-Z streetmaps? Or will they only work on a handheld PC not the desktop - basically how can i get them to work? Thanks
GeoffC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Di I need special software to view these A-Z streetmaps? Or will they only work on a handheld PC not the desktop

No and no, they work fine in MM on both the PC and PPC just like any other maps.

The obvious question is: do they appear in your map list when you click the 'Map' toolbar button?. If so, select one of them and it should display ok. If not, do 'Refresh Map List' and add the directory where you have stored them, remembering to tick the 'Search sub-folders' checkbox.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Older maps from previous versions will not open with the later versions of Memory Map software due to license restrictions, you will have to install a MM version 4 software release to open these maps. There is ne problem having two applications on the same PC and you can open the newer maps in the older software if you want to - Mike
GeoffC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Older maps from previous versions will not open with the later versions of Memory Map software due to license restrictions, you will have to install a MM version 4 software release to open these maps.

That only applies to OS maps, MM V5 will open A-Z maps dated 2003 - I've just tried it to make sure.
bikerjohn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering if the disk is corrupt or something - there's lots of data there. I have a side by side file compare software just need a known good file to compare and see. Got Leeds A-Z and South Yorkshire A-Z, neither work.
bikerjohn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now sorted! Just downloaded the 2004 version of memory map from their site and it works with the A-Z maps. i wonder if i could edit them to work on the latest version? I think you can with the OS maps.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably could edit the map to overcome the restriction if you know how, but this is a very grey area and not something we tolerate being discussed on the forum as it falls into the category of circumventing the licence supplied with the software/ maps - Mike
AllyCat
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

As GeoffC says above, those A-Z maps should work correctly in MM v5. However (particularly if you have multiple versions of MM installed), there can be problems with the MM file associations (which are needed to open the program correctly when double-clicking a map file).

Did you follow Geoff's advice above to check/install the maps in the map list within MM?

Cheers, Alan.
Memory Map (v5.4.2 & v5.1.3 OS & Euro), GPS gate,OSGPSconverter.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Memory-Map All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: