Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GARMIN XT ON SAMSUNG I900 OMNIA???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GARMIN XT ON SAMSUNG I900 OMNIA???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aaphtaab
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: GARMIN XT ON SAMSUNG I900 OMNIA??? Reply with quote

Hey, new to this site so HELLO to everyone. Im about to buy the new samsung i900 omnia and wanted to know if anyone has used either the garmin xt or the tomtom 6 on there's? It is a pda so i guess anyone that has a pda can help me also. any recommendations and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thanks
johnnaccarato
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Omnia SGH-i900 Reply with quote

Hi just got one too and am also looking for SatNav software that will work. TomTom 6 doesn't (at least I couldn't get it to work and had to do a hard reset afterwards - although not sure if it was this or something else that caused me to have to do this). TomTom technical support also told me that it was not supported on the Omnia (but I went ahead and tried anyway - serves me right!)

If you find something that does, let me know - iGO 8 seems to support windows mobile 6 but whether it will work on the Omnia which has a WQVGA screen (not very standard) I don't know.

Good luck

John
johnnaccarato
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Sat Nav on Omnia i900 Reply with quote

Just found this link and it looks like iGO 8 might work on the omnia.

http://technorati.com/videos/youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DwBst3sr0FHA

John
kai666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

copilot 7 live works, though it is very slightly stretched, and when you rotate the phone on it's side, only fills half the screen due to the non standard screen size (I guess)
andy_k_85
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Garmin Xt works Reply with quote

Hi Garmin Xt works Perfect On i900 omnia built in Gps ive been using it for almost 2weeks with no problums Tom tom does not work I tried to get it to work for over a week with no luck.

Good luck Smile
Dave-Doob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, another newbie to the site Cool

Just to confirm what Andy said really, Garmin XT does work on the Omnia and although I've only had it installed for a couple days I've not had any major issues with it.
I had initial problems installing the camera database (speed zoned package) using PoiLoader as I was trying to install it to the 'My Storage' area (on the internal 8GB memory) on my Omnia and although PoiLoader confirmed the install was good the cameras were not displaying on my map. To get it working I had to install the database to the Memory section of the phone.

Just waiting for Brodit to get their phone holder for the Omnia made and ready to order and then I'll have a proper setup in the car.

Dave
adamwolfe
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

Try the following link to a Samsung/Garmin tie up. Ive been using the free trial - also upgraded to v 5. Works perfectly.

http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/cache/offonce/lang/en/us/samsung/overview;jsessionid=255AE50821D0747FD0E64A2F78DAD00B

regards

Adam
mygonad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am using omnia and garmin works fine. also mapking.
Panthers9
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where did u get the software for the garmin mobile xt for the samsung omnia from? and how much did it cost?
The Rudd
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Omnia Reply with quote

Hi all

Can I ask when you installed the Garmin Xt card can you load the POIS in favourites such as to upload Panaromino photos?

I am going to Amsterdam so it will be very handy if you can do this.

TIA

Jerry

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: