Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mapshares are disappearing!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mapshares are disappearing!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carl_the_cobbler
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Mapshares are disappearing!! Reply with quote

Have plugged my TT into PC this morning, Mapshares were there to be "updated" and after the update had finished around 40000 of them had disappeared!!

Something strange is happening!! There are only 57149 on my device instead of some 90000 two days ago!
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure this happened just the other day and not at the time you updated your map to v810 a couple of weeks ago?

The number of MapShare corrections showing for my 720 dropped dramatically also, but this coincided with an update to v810 maps.

It would also seem logical that if you change your map, the number of MapShare corrections in use will change.
carl_the_cobbler
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely, I posted something a few days ago about the number of Mapshares for a certain file size and the amount of Mapshares present then was 70000+ if I remember rightly.

The only thing that is different this morning is that I am using my Desktop instead of my Laptop.
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be because of the new Trust Level selection on Home 2.4?

The volume of corrections changes as you move the slider.
Samsung Galaxy S21
Mick_1959
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I noticed Home 2.4 was showing '0' mapshare updates for me last night after having updated to latest software and maps.

However today, it Mapshare said I had not been updated in 11 days and 11,100 updates where available!!!

After updating, it now says 'Your map is up to date 57,149 Mapshare corrections in use'.

Maybe servers are working over time with all new map subscriptions that mapshare is hit and miss at moment.
GO 920 Dead
carl_the_cobbler
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The statistics before were 85881 updates had been made and afterwards the value was 91348. So

The above is a quote from what I posted on the 15th, so that was after I installed the new maps, so the number has gone from 91348 to now being at 73120 so in the last half hour 20000 or so have been added!! Because when I initially posted this morning it got "updated" to 50000 and something from my original 90000+!!

I have not messed around with any of the selections on the Map Share Preference level and I think I would always leave at Strict or whatever it was.

Weird!!
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carl_the_cobbler wrote:
Definitely, I posted something a few days ago about the number of Mapshares for a certain file size and the amount of Mapshares present then was 70000+ if I remember rightly.

A newer map won't have had the zillions of corrections submitted by other users and, therefore, there will not be the same number of corrections available for that map version on that device.

If you're expecting the number of corrections to be as high after an update as they were before, perhaps somebody could explain why I've had to resubmit the vast majority of my own corrections to bring the new map as 'up to date' as the older map, because I'm obviously missing something.

With my own corrections missing, I'd automatically assume that other submissions from the previous map version were also missing, thus giving a lower number of corrections being used for the new map.
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I open the mapshare preference window on Home 2.4, I see the slider at the level of security I have. In the bottom right hand corner of the window, it shows the size of the mapshare changes on my new 8.10 North America map (.7 mb) and the size of the changes if I move the slider to a different level. In all cases, even a looser level of security, the new size of changes shows as 0 mb.
And that is where the bug is, I feel. If I click 'apply', I'm certain my mapshare changes will get wiped out --- again! Evil or Very Mad
loriannod
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
When I open the mapshare preference window on Home 2.4, I see the slider at the level of security I have. In the bottom right hand corner of the window, it shows the size of the mapshare changes on my new 8.10 North America map (.7 mb) and the size of the changes if I move the slider to a different level. In all cases, even a looser level of security, the new size of changes shows as 0 mb.
And that is where the bug is, I feel. If I click 'apply', I'm certain my mapshare changes will get wiped out --- again! Evil or Very Mad

See my post in the TomTom Home 2.40 thread - I posted the advice from my TomTom ticket on no updates (albeit with a uk map). May or may not help, I don't have my unit with me at the moment to try.

loriannod wrote:
This is TomTom's advice on the no mapshare issue from my ticket - I don't have the unit with me at the moment to try and see if it helps:

If you receive an error while you are downloading Mapshare Corrections via TomTom Home 2.x, then please do the following:-

STEP 1

Disconnect your TomTom from your computer
Close TomTom Home on your PC
Deactivate Map Share from main menu - map corrections - Download corrections - Leave - Yes
Tap onto 'Change Preferences reset factory settings'.
Connect your TomTom to your computer

STEP 2

You will need to delete your existing Map Corrections, to do this, please view the following website:
www.tomtom.com/7269

Your Mapshare Corrections should now have been removed.

STEP 3

Switch the TomTom On
Tap onto 'Map Corrections Correction Preferences', tap onto 'Join'.
Tick all the mapshare options e.g. 'Corrections I made myself' etc.
Select the option 'Always share my corrections with others'. Press Done.
Select 'Show Report Button'.

Once you have done this, connect the TomTom to the computer. Open TomTom Home and update your TomTom again, TomTom Home will redownload all the mapshare corrections that you need.
LesP2008
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Noticed this after updating home.
My device was connected and i noticed the red cross flashing on the screen. I thought this strange as i wasn't doing anything with it.
At the end all my mapshare updates had dissapeared.
It took me two days to get them back.
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carl_the_cobbler wrote:
The only thing that is different this morning is that I am using my Desktop instead of my Laptop.

Do you have Home 2.4 on both machines, or 2.3 on one and 2.4 on the other?

Having made a bit of an idiot of myself with my previous posts, there is a common link between Home 2.4 and the number of MapShare corrections being used.

You installed v810 maps BEFORE Home 2.4 was available.

Home 2.4 was only released a couple of days ago, which is the time you said this happened....

Trust Level in Home 2.4 = MapShare preferences on device

As far as I can see, changing the Trust Level in Home 2.4 also changes the MapShare preferences on the device.

If you change the setting to ‘Strict’ and disconnect the device, MapShare preferences on the device will have a particular setting.

If you then reconnect the device, change the Trust Level to ‘Low’ and disconnect the device, MapShare preferences on the device will have a different setting.

Changing the Trust Level, therefore, not only determines which corrections are downloaded, but also those which are used by your device.

It would appear there you can no longer download all corrections, but only use your own because MapShare preferences on the device and Trust Level in Home 2.4 are linked – if you only use your own corrections, you apparently will no longer be downloading other peoples’ corrections.
carl_the_cobbler
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOME 2.4 is on both machines, and I have changed no preferences in HOME for Mapshares!! Just checked and it is still on Strict.

I'm going to see if anything has changed since this morning (doing this as I type), there are more Mapshares and when downloaded number goes from 73126 to 73202, so at least that is going in the right direction, and that is my 3rd Mapshare update today, current time is 14:36 in UK.

Cheers

Carl
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But what were your Map Share settings on your device prior to installing Home 2.4?
Samsung Galaxy S21
carl_the_cobbler
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have never touched them previously on any version of HOME.
Steven0161
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem it is showing 0 mapshare corrections in use, I have checked the mapshare files on the 520 and noticed that only the PatchFilter is updated the other ServerNameIndex,ServerLineIndex and MapServerPatch don't update...

I wonder if this is the problem with the server as I have tested it both on the newer and older version of home... I have also followed tom-tom's guidance above and it have made no difference

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: