Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT 720T No Route Found??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT 720T No Route Found??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peasemore
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: TT 720T No Route Found?? Reply with quote

Notice on hols in Ireland that several favourites added, when selected as destination, do not work; just get "NO ROUTE FOUND".

Any ideas?
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you created the items as Favourites, were you actually on a road, or in a car park, for instance.

TomTom have a habit of putting some of their POIs in open spaces where there is no actual road connection and have stated that they are for information on the map screen, rather that somehwhere to drive to. The best example of this I can find are Shopping Malls. The Golden Square in Warrington cannot be used as a point to Navigate to!

You see it on the map and have to discover where the entrance to the Car park is.

I also went to Norton Priory in Runcorn a few weeks ago and added that as a POI when I was parked up. I can't navigate to it, so I've had to move the POI to the end of the road near the car park entrance.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richard345 wrote:

TomTom have a habit of putting some of their POIs in open spaces where there is no actual road connection and have stated that they are for information on the map screen, rather that somehwhere to drive to.

They might have stated that, but IMHO it's a complete cop-out the way they take no responsibility for the dreadful quality of their POIs.(I know I keep banging on about this... Rolling Eyes )

Over the last few days I've been having a close look at the "Pharmacies" category round my area. Even with the UK add-on file included, huge numbers are missing and of the ones that ARE there, many have wrong names (often it seems to be the name of the Pharmacist rather than the name of the shop) or are not real chemists at all.

Worst of all, there are dozens of duplicate entries (often three or even FOUR POI's right on top of each other.
You can see that for yourself by going to Browse map, "Finding" Pharmacies POI "near you" then looking down the list for entries at the same distance.
Select the first one and you get a small preview map of it. If you then tap the bottom right hand corner, it moves to the next, so you can quickly scroll through all the 24 nearest locations... If it's anything like my area, just see how many are identical!
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, I quite agree, I noticed, as you said, that they often use the pharmacist's name as the description which is why I have junked all the TomTom POI's and use the ones from here.

For my local area, I have updated some using the Submit POI forms to reflect the group to which they belong.

The response from TomTom regarding navigation to some of thier POI's was in response to just that question! Crying or Very sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: